Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Accepted to Hamilton campus, timestamp 8:30.

cGPA: 3.99

wGPA: 4.00

4th Year

MCAT VR 11, PS 12, BS 13, WS R

A lot of research experience, contributing to 3 publications, presenting at a conference and 2 summer NSERC awards. Extensive involvement in Music, performing and teaching guitar. + Mentoring, hospital/retirement home volunteering, tutoring etc...

Had mixed feelings about the MMI, but things worked out well! I'll probably be accepting U of T. Good luck everyone!

- Andrei -

Applied: U of T, Western, Ottawa, Mac, Queens

Interview: U of T, Western, Ottawa, Mac

Accepted: U of T, Western, Ottawa, Mac

Waitlisted

VR 10

GPA 3.6 . . .not sure if it included my MA or not

I thought the MMI went really great

I'm really thankful for the positive sign, but would love to see some movement and perhaps me moving to Hamilton (or Niagara, or Waterloo)

Congratulations to all!

Accepted - Hamilton Campus

U/G: 3.68GPA

MCAT: 33Q (PS-11/VR-11/BS-11)

ECs: Very good. Led a few clubs, some international volunteering, prolonged volunteering with certain organizations, lots of smaller things.

Interviewed at: UWO, Queens, Mac, U of T

Accepted at: ALL!

I will be turning down Mac in favour of U of T

Waitlisted IP (but will be withdrawing :) )

Overall GPA: 81-83% (??)

MCAT: 33R (9PS/11VR/13BS)

ECs: research (with pub), int'l competed athlete, volunteer work, shadowing, uni groups, violin, other sports, etc

Interview: went well - was my 2nd time interviewing so I wasn't caught off guard with the mmi format

Accepted to Hamilton campus!

Time stamp: 8:29:45 am

cGPA: 3.94

IP

MCAT: 40S (13PS/12VR/15BS)

CASPer/MMI: Had no clue how Casper went but MMI felt great.

ECs: long-term part-time employment in rescue/instructor/supervisory role, student government executive, leadership organization executive.

Congrats to all accepted and best of luck to those on the waitlist or trying again next year.

EDIT: Just accepted my offer from Schulich and withdrew from Mac.

Interviewed: Western, McMaster

Accepted: Western, McMaster

Accepted, Hamilton campus:

OOP

GPA: 3.31

MCAT: 12Q

I'm very surprised given my GPA that I received an interview, let alone an offer. I guess CASPer and the MMI went well for me, although it definitely didn't feel like it.

This was my first time applying and my only interview.

Congrats to everyone admitted, and good luck to everyone applying for next year's cycle!

Accepted Hamilton Campus

1st time applicant, just finished 5th year undergrad

cGPA: 3.80

VR: 10

CASPER: felt decent but was surprised to get an interview

MMI: felt really good initially but was also a victim of creeping doubts as the 15th approached.

Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to all those on the wait-list. Super torn between Mac and another school...lots of thinking to do in the next few days

Accepted to Niagara Regional Campus

cGPA: 3.79

MCAT: 34Q (13PS/10VR/11BS)

CASPer/MMI: both felt good!

ECs: global health involvement in undergrad and high school, music in orchestras, translational research for 3 years, etc.

Most likely accepting offer.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all those who are waitlisted!

I'm an Ontario resident in graduate studies. My undergrad GPA was 3.76 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by McMaster. This is my fourth time applying to this school!

Of all the schools I applied to, McMaster is my first choice.

Don't ever give up!!! If you want something bad enough, eventually, you'll get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Accepted, Hamilton campus:

OOP

GPA: 3.77

MCAT: 9PS, 11VR, 10BS, S (writing)

Accepted: U of A and McMaster

Waitlisted: Western and U of C

Rejected the offer. Hopefully this opens a spot for a nice person on the waitlist :)

In off the waitlist at 4:41PM today - In asia actually so it was a pleasant surprise to wake up to.

Stats:

VR: 11 (BS: 13, PS: 13)

GPA: 3.75 (3.71 OMSAS)

Undergraduate Institution: University of Toronto

No years with a full course load

Campus: Hamilton

Only gave Mac one choice of campus, so this was my only shot re: Mac. Good luck to everyone

Hello!

I'm a 5th year Neuroscience Student at the University of Windsor.

Applied to all schools in Ontario.

Interviewed at Toronto and McMaster

Rejected at Toronto

Waitlisted and then ACCEPTED at Mac! 5:21 pm

GPA 3.84 VR 9

Do not obsessively check your email and I'll keep all of you med hopefuls in my thoughts!

Ok so I should have done this a long time ago but I was too excited about queen's acceptance. Also received offer at western.

Accepted.

4th year first time applicant

OMSAS cGPA 3.63, last 2 years 3.8 something

MCAT 36 S - 11PS/11VR/14BS

EC: job shadowed cardiac surgeons during summer after 2nd and 3rd year, wrote small review on hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy with Toronto general hospital, Volunteered 2? Years with women's centre at school, heart and stroke foundation 1 year, rhythmic gymnast for 15 years (provincial competitive for 8ish), university intramural flag football (2 teams) for 3 years/ 1 year (per team). Rhythmic gymnastics coach for a few years also.

Lor's : prof, coach and doctor - that's a good combo to have if you can (more so for other schools than Mac though I guess)

Thought interview went well at first but then realized several stupid mistakes I made. I think they overlooked them or may have even thought more highly of me because I was relaxed and friendly after realizing that I had misinterpreted a question? Seriously act like yourself in the interview- smile! Laugh when you mix up your words because you're nervous and don't be worried about sounding intelligent by impressing them with big words. Be personable- that's who they want- they can teach you fancyness later.

Please don't give up hope if your gpa isn't stellar or your interview felt sucky. We're often poor evaluators of ourselves. If you don't get in one year don't let it stop you. It's competitive, and a year of missing out doesn't mean you're not awesome, just that a lot of people are awesome like you!!

Going to be spending the summer helping my boyfriend with his mcat, he'll be a repeat applicant next year, and deserves a spot more than anyone I know!

I ate Cheerios for breakfast because I read last year someone at u of t did that and they heard good news. Perhaps Cheerios are lucky?