Premed 101 Forums

Verifier Contact

In one of the info sessions I raised the concern that some of my verifiers dont have a phone and if that was ok. They said they usually contact them by email first and if that doesnt work then by phone

. They also said that if they cant get a hold of a verifier they contact you to check in. I got an email one year asking to verify the email of my verifier as they couldn't reach them. It was correct - my verifier just took a long time to reply. 

I put N/A for the phone number for one of my verifiers because they preferred email contact. I just emailed admissions and explained the situation. They just emailed back and said they require a phone number or a new verifier.

I can second this as admissions responded similarly to me.

Assuming that they will follow-up with applicants who entered N/A, I suppose it would be a good idea to track down a complete verifier in the mean time. I wonder how that will work... some people may need to change names for verifiers, given that the system only allows one to edit phone#/email...

I also have some verifiers with no phone numbers but I haven't heard anything from Adcom abou it - although I submitted on Sept 14th so could be they havent gotten around to it. Will let you know if Adcom contacts me about this but honestly I don't think this should be an issue. They said they contact by email first then by phone if they dont get a reply.

I also have some verifiers with no phone numbers but I haven't heard anything from Adcom abou it - although I submitted on Sept 14th so could be they havent gotten around to it. Will let you know if Adcom contacts me about this but honestly I don't think this should be an issue. They said they contact by email first then by phone if they dont get a reply.

Agreed. I left a couple phone numbers out last year and this year. Definitely hasnt been a problem in the past, and not sure what would be so special about this year that they would try to change it.

At least 5 of my verifiers were contacted today (minimum 5). Is it just an automatic process? The system just randomly sends a few emails?

Or is someone actually already reviewing my application?

When did you submit your application? I am surprised they are already contacting people this early! 

At least 5 of my verifiers were contacted today (minimum 5). Is it just an automatic process? The system just randomly sends a few emails?

Or is someone actually already reviewing my application?

Totally normal. I think its not automatic as I remember one year when I saved a copy of my application it looked different from the PDF the system generates now and there was button labeled "send verification email"

This is kind of what the entries looked like:

Capacity to Work with Others - Title of your activity

School Year (Sep-Apr):01/01/2009 - 01/01/2010

Description: blah blah blah

Organization: Blah

Total Hours: blah

Contact Info: Your verifiers contact information

Verification status: Not Verified [send verification email]

By default all of my verification status' were "not verified"

Archived