Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Interviews Regrets/invites 2017

SMT

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we haven't gotten anything yet, can we assume refused?

The admissions office inputs everything to Minerva manually and only open around 830-9 AM and have a lot of applications to go through so doesn't mean you were refused because you haven't heard anything yet. Deep breaths and good luck!

TIME STAMP: 12:00
Result: Invite
wGPA: 3.83
MCAT: NA
ECs: Master, lots of TAing, tons of research (2 published papers, 2 forthcoming), 5 conferences, president of my student association and other executive positions, won some research grants, 2-3 years of volonteering
Year: Second year PhD
IP
Letter of EC: No

TIME STAMP: 10:03 AM

wGPA: 3.97

MCAT: n/a

ECs: I figure skate, run a book club & a board game club, I've got a few years of in-hospital volunteering and work (& lots of other work), scholarships/academic awards...

Year: finished second UG last year

IP

so now can we assume if we haven't heard anything it's a rejection? Also i don't see and MD/PhD invites yet..anyone?

Rather than stress yourself out, just wait for a status update. I know that's easier said than done, but no news is literally just no news when you have humans inputting these kinds of things. =3

thanks folks - that's reassuring. 

keep in mind that for each applicant receiving an interview they need to manually input the interview date and time, and additional information on your minerva . Roughly 277 interview invites, so updating 277 minerva pages takes a while. No news is good news, hang in there

well then I guess this is in order...

TIME STAMP: 9:00 am on Minerva
wGPA: ~3.94
MCAT: Not Submitted
ECs: Awards, abstract, poster, pending paper for publishing, hospital volunteer, lots of other stuff
Year:  MSc1 (did a 2nd undegrad)

IP/OOP/International: IP

Pretty Excited! This has been a long time in the works! Best of luck everyone.

An interview date just appeared on my Minerva !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I will update this post when I get the official email) I am crying. 

Invite

Date Stamp: 03/02/2017 - 11:15 AM (email saying «You have submitted applications to the DMD program in the Faculty of Dentistry and MDCM program in the Faculty of Medicine and have been invited to interviews by both faculties.)
wGPA: 3.6 
Degree: M.Sc. (now 1st year of PhD)
ECs: Lots of research during undergrad (might have compensated for the low GPA). 1 publication 1st author, 2 publications as co-author, scholarships for undergrad, masters and PhD, Student associations during MSc and PhD, short experience (2-3 months full time) as a secretary in a dental office, watercolor and painting as a hobby and illustrated a novel.

Congrats everybody!!!! I've been waiting for his moment for over years!!!! But now they ask a photo identification and disclosure agreement to be updated. Do we wait their official email to upload them?

could you post your stats? you mentioned 3.4 GPA would be really helpful i think for lots of people on here if you could tell us a bit about yourself! thanks :)

Archived