Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Waitlist Movements 2019

23 hours ago, PThopeful23 said:

Typically 10-15 people off the waitlist get an offer for UBC each year. However last year there were only 6 or 7 that received an offer for some reason. I hope this gives you a better idea!

Best of luck!

Sorry I meant to say for OT! Is this for OT?

On 5/27/2019 at 9:50 AM, ptptplease said:

This is for UBC PT right? Do you have a rough idea of when it usually starts moving? I only know of one person on this forum that got off the waitlist but that was at the end of April which was earlier than usual. The people I know in real life who are on the UBC PT waitlist have not gotten off yet. I'm also on the waitlist and I'm stuck in this limbo where I have to start preparing myself to move to Toronto for PT school but not quite sure yet just in case I get off the UBC PT waitlist.

This is for UBC PT! I think majority of the waitlist should have moved by the end of May, mid June at the latest. However you may get an offer all the way up to the very first day of orientations which has happened in the past.

For people who are on Western's waitlist - I recieved a call and was offered a spot for the PT program! I was in the upper third of the waitlist, so looks like calls have started going out and it's moving. I will be accepting the spot as Western was my top choice. Good luck to those still waiting to hear!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 1:08 PM, Rehablover said:

Has anyone gotten in off any of the Ontario OT waitlists? Or know if the waitlists are moving yet? I thought that they were supposed to start moving yesterday but haven’t heard anything 

I found out June 3rd that I got off the waitlist for Mac OT! I was 25th on the waitlist if that helps at all!