Premed 101 Forums

UofA Waitlist 2021

52 minutes ago, ooooooootpls said:

congrats to those off the waitlist!!! 

i haven’t heard anything but they did tell me i was at the top. wondering when the next chunk acceptances will be out :-) my GPA is 3.71 so i might be at the lower end of the top of the list?! 

I also have a 3.71 and was told I’m at the top of the waitlist! I haven’t heard anything yet either so I’m assuming I’m at the lower end of the top half as well. Hope we hear something soon!!

For those accepted to U of A OT, did you print form, hand write it, and mail the acceptance form/calgary cohort part (if applicable) along with your cheque, or did you email the form to the office and then physically mail the cheque? I’m just unsure if the forms should be physically mailed together or if the written parts should be emailed. Thanks!! 

32 minutes ago, OTUOFA2021 said:

For those accepted to U of A OT, did you print form, hand write it, and mail the acceptance form/calgary cohort part (if applicable) along with your cheque, or did you email the form to the office and then physically mail the cheque? I’m just unsure if the forms should be physically mailed together or if the written parts should be emailed. Thanks!! 

I mailed the cheque and the form together. 

I have a question too: In the letter  it says that we shouldn’t email them to ask if they received the form and money, but that they will let us know on the 11th if they received it. Does anyone else find it bit ridiculous, given that the deadline to accept and pay for the deposit is the 11th? 

34 minutes ago, ot_lea2021 said:

I mailed the cheque and the form together. 

I have a question too: In the letter  it says that we shouldn’t email them to ask if they received the form and money, but that they will let us know on the 11th if they received it. Does anyone else find it bit ridiculous, given that the deadline to accept and pay for the deposit is the 11th? 

I think it is too... it’s very quick and sorta stressful as it barely gives us enough time to get it all sent 

45 minutes ago, OTUOFA2021 said:

I think it is too... it’s very quick and sorta stressful as it barely gives us enough time to get it all sent 

Yes, sorry I meant to say that - what’s ridiculous  is that they don’t want us to email them to confirm that they received the signed document and deposit.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, OTOT2021 said:

I got a notification that my status changed but everytime I click on the GSMS portal, it keeps saying "service unavailable". Anybody else having the same issue?

I still just see the portal, but I haven't gotten a notification. Fingers crossed for some news this week! 

• 3 weeks later...