Premed 101 Forums

4 hours ago, gdfullnight said:

Are there the same number of people in each quartile as last year? Do we know how many people came off the list in the past?

OOP wait list is slightly shorter than last year's which had 45. IP is also shorter than last year's which had 102 but I don't know how much shorter. Only 24 people declined their offer last year and that's combining OOP, IP, and AAP. Seven people deferred in 2020 while only 5 had deferred in 2019. If you want to look at the data, I have the link at the bottom. Ignore the success rate numbers from 19/20 though, they're broken for all of the schools including USask for the 19/20 cycle.

https://www.afmc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/2021_admission-requirements_EN.pdf

4 minutes ago, zoxy said:

OOP wait list is slightly shorter than last year's which had 45. IP is also shorter than last year's which had 102 but I don't know how much shorter. Only 24 people declined their offer last year and that's combining OOP, IP, and AAP. Seven people deferred in 2020 while only 5 had deferred in 2019. If you want to look at the data, I have the link at the bottom. Ignore the success rate numbers from 19/20 though, they're broken for all of the schools including USask for the 19/20 school.

https://www.afmc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/2021_admission-requirements_EN.pdf

Really useful thanks. Waitlisted for first quartile and wondering there’s even a chance with these numbers 

Has anybody emailed to ask about where exactly they sit on the waitlist? I know I'm in the first quartile (IP) but I'm not sure how many people are above/below me. I don't want to email them if that's already been done by somebody else, with no success. I suppose it doesn't help much to know anyways, but I'm just going crazy waiting/worrying.

5 hours ago, YankyYeet said:

Has anybody emailed to ask about where exactly they sit on the waitlist? I know I'm in the first quartile (IP) but I'm not sure how many people are above/below me. I don't want to email them if that's already been done by somebody else, with no success. I suppose it doesn't help much to know anyways, but I'm just going crazy waiting/worrying.

I emailed them this morning and can update if they reply! Also going crazy so I feel you

15 minutes ago, A1999 said:

Thank you! :)

Waitlist 1st quartile IP then Regina offer 

GPA - 90%

MCAT - 510

Interview - Felt pretty good about it

That’s awesome! Congrats! 

Did they give you a deadline to accept the offer? If so, would you be able to tell us the deadline? 

I also got off the waitlist today. Time stamp of 2:33. Stats are below for those who are curious (just copied from the other forum). Good luck to all my fellow wait listers out there, hang in there!

Result - Waitlisted (1st quartile)

GPA - 86-88 range

MCAT - 511

Location - IP

Degree - Graduating this year 

Interview - So subjective so hard to tell how you really do. Felt 2 went great, 2 were good and 2 we

Just got off the waitlist with an offer to the Regina site! Timestamp 4:03, I'll post my stats below!

Result: Waitlisted (1st Quartile) then offer to Regina campus

GPA: 86

MCAT: 509

Degree: UG 

Interview: I felt 4 of the stations went really well, one was okay, and one I felt like I could have done much better in hindsight. 

Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist, being patient sucks and it's so hard but please have hope. Thanks to everyone for the info and updates on this forum! 

14 minutes ago, userpremed said:

Just got off the waitlist with an offer to the Regina site! Timestamp 4:03, I'll post my stats below!

Result: Waitlisted (1st Quartile) then offer to Regina campus

GPA: 86

MCAT: 509

Degree: UG 

Interview: I felt 4 of the stations went really well, one was okay, and one I felt like I could have done much better in hindsight. 

Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist, being patient sucks and it's so hard but please have hope. Thanks to everyone for the info and updates on this forum! 

Oh that’s awesome!

Hopefully there’s some luck out there for us second quartile waitlisters haha

3 hours ago, YankyYeet said:

Really hoping that there is some kind of good news tomorrow with the weekly update they are sending out (not sure if that is tomorrow, but I assume it is).

8 minutes ago, gdfullnight said:

same, losing my mind waiting

We didn't get one last year until middle of the second week on the OOP waitlist. So I wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't send anything tomorrow despite mentioning weekly updates. I hope for the sake of everyone's sanity they do provide some specifics to folks on the waitlist.