Premed 101 Forums

10 minutes ago, burner12345 said:

For those of us on the waitlist this year, use this thread. 

Anyone know how many people are in each quartile? 

Last year in our admissions decision email they told us there were 102 IP applicants on the waitlist (around 25 per quartile). I don’t know if the number is similar this year though 

18 minutes ago, drcasper said:

Last year in our admissions decision email they told us there were 102 IP applicants on the waitlist (around 25 per quartile). I don’t know if the number is similar this year though 

Yeah, I’m not too sure. Incredibly silly decision on part of the admissions committee to even waitlist that many people. 

20 minutes ago, MedWarrior said:

I am IP and have been waitlisted (2nd quartile). Does anyone know if people got accepted from the 2nd quartile last year or the years before? It’s hard to be hopeful :(

I'm waitlisted as well, I'm sorry I know it's really hard to stay optimistic but I think they did get through half of the second quartile last year or so. I don't know how many people are on the list or in each group this year but hopefully it moves a lot. 

18 minutes ago, RISR said:

Waitlisted here too. Was wondering if anyone else got told they were placed on a short waitlist? I was wondering why I didn’t get told which quartile like others? IP applicant. 

I never heard of any short waitlist. That's odd they didn't give you a specific quartile? 

16 minutes ago, burner12345 said:

I never heard of any short waitlist. That's odd they didn't give you a specific quartile? 

Yeah I wasn’t given a specific quartile

:(

Good luck to everyone. This has been a long journey for us all. 

Hey guys! 

I was waitlisted lasted year and ultimately got in so just wanted to give you some info based on my experience last year. I was waitlisted in the first quartile and ultimately got accepted on June 3. I was the last person on this forum to post my acceptance, although I deferred to this year so somebody below me on the list ended up getting my seat but they weren't on the forum I guess! Based off of that.. it seems like they didn't even clear the first quartile waitlist last year. They started rejecting people in the 3rd and 4th quartiles around 2 weeks after May 15th I believe and I'm not sure when everyone else got their final rejections. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeandMedicine said:

Hey guys! 

I was waitlisted lasted year and ultimately got in so just wanted to give you some info based on my experience last year. I was waitlisted in the first quartile and ultimately got accepted on June 3. I was the last person on this forum to post my acceptance, although I deferred to this year so somebody below me on the list ended up getting my seat but they weren't on the forum I guess! Based off of that.. it seems like they didn't even clear the first quartile waitlist last year. They started rejecting people in the 3rd and 4th quartiles around 2 weeks after May 15th I believe and I'm not sure when everyone else got their final rejections. 

They actually got into the second quartile last year according to updates they sent out! 

18 minutes ago, Lucky101 said:

Hey to everyone waitlisted, I know it sucks but have hope. I was waitlisted this morning in 1st quartile and was accepted by this afternoon! 

Congrats on being accepted! If you don’t mind my asking, what are your stats?

1 minute ago, A1999 said:

Congrats on being accepted! If you don’t mind my asking, what are your stats?

Thank you!

Waitlisted - 1st quartile then offer for Regina Site 

Location - IP

GPA - 87%

MCAT - 513

Interview - felt really good about the majority of it!