Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

8 hours ago, DreamPT said:

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out and offering your help, it's much appreciated. This isn't a question regarding the MPT program at UBC, but I was wondering if you felt prepared for the PCE/if you thought it was a significant hurdle getting into practice?

The PCE was a nightmare... we constantly had our PCE postponed multiple times over a 1.5 year period. The entire licensing process was awful. UBC administered its own clinical exam... which was not easy either. If you are preparing for the PCE there are some recommendations I can give that helped me out a lot, feel free to PM me! Getting full licensing definitely was not easy during the pandemic

34 minutes ago, Boukenbc said:

In the same boat, desperately waiting I really thought we would hear today

2 hours ago, Spyrothedragon said:

I'm on the waitlist for UBC and also anxiously waiting for UofA OT!! Hopefully we hear today but who knows 

3 hours ago, OT_applicant said:

Anyone else desperately waiting to hear back from U of A OT after being rejected from UBC :( 

I'm really glad to know I'm not the only one sitting around refreshing my email and frantically checking the portal :( fingers crossed we hear today!

Just now, otplsacceptme said:

I'm really glad to know I'm not the only one sitting around refreshing my email and frantically checking the portal :( fingers crossed we hear today!

I literally just got an email and my heart stopped, it was not it. Trust me I feel ya, wishing you and everyone the best :)

Just now, OT_applicant said:

I don’t think we’ll hear from U of A today. Hopefully next week :( 

wish they gave us a date like Ontario schools do 

I heard they like emailing late into the day so they don't have to deal with emails about waitlist position? so 4-5pm seems likely but some people seem to say otherwise? :( I will continue to hold onto hope because waiting another week is going to be brutal :((((

1 minute ago, OTuofahopeful said:

Does anyone else’s OT application to UofA still say pre-screening? I’ve been hoping to hear this week (as last year we found out today) but I’m assuming my application hasn’t even been looked at yet if it’s still in the pre-screening stage. I hope I’m not the only one!! 

Mine also says pre-screening !