Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

Been waitlisted at Dalhousie for PT. To all of those who know their position on the waitlist, how do you find out ? You just ask them? I always believed it to be kind of inappropriate :D Applying as an out of province to all the schools. 

Waiting on McMaster and Western...

I just received a waitlist email at 3:10 MST for U of A OT IP! I am on the bottom of it unfortunately, but i'm also taking it as a W as this is my 4th year applying, I did some upgrading last year, so its good to know that it has made a difference (all other years have been rejected). I unfortunately did not do as well on CASPer as previous years. For reference, my GPA is around 3.56, 2nd for CASPer. These are the weakest part of my application, otherwise I believe I had a very strong application and lots of experience. 

Wishing everyone all the best as we get those emails we've been waiting for! 

27 minutes ago, OTtryhard said:

For those who applied at UofA,

When is a good time to inquire about waitlist movement? 

I plan on asking Friday May 20th because they said you could hear as early as May 17th. I’m thinking there might be some movement since Ontario schools notify their applicants on May 13th. 

10 minutes ago, FuturePTOT said:

EEK got into UofA OT! Does anyone know if we need to get CPR or something since the email did not indicate?

Congrats, me too!! And I think you’ll be totally fine to enter the program without; however, my guess is that for any of the fieldwork placements you will have to get standard first aid (not positive, just assuming). Either way, I don’t think you have to worry about it right now :) see you in September!! 

50 minutes ago, OTuofahopeful said:

Congrats, me too!! And I think you’ll be totally fine to enter the program without; however, my guess is that for any of the fieldwork placements you will have to get standard first aid (not positive, just assuming). Either way, I don’t think you have to worry about it right now :) see you in September!! 

yay thats amazing, cant wait to meet you all!!