UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2022

Sorry if I'm late to update.

Applicant type: MD/PhD and MD

TIME STAMP: 1:40PM

Interview Date: Feb 5, 2022 and Feb 6, 2022

Result: INVITE

GPA:  3.8x

MCAT: above the cutoff

ECs: 6 first author publications in Science and Nature, 5 co-authorships (third and fourth), 13 keynote oral presentations at international conferences, and finished a masters! Also was a recipient of the CGS scholarship for my graduate studies.

Essays: I believe my essays made up for my low GPA.

Year: Finished masters

Geography: IP

7 hours ago, fianchetto_x said:

Sorry if I'm late to update.

Applicant type: MD/PhD and MD

TIME STAMP: 1:40PM

Interview Date: Feb 5, 2022 and Feb 6, 2022

Result: INVITE

GPA:  3.8x

MCAT: above the cutoff

ECs: 6 first author publications in Science and Nature, 5 co-authorships (third and fourth), 13 keynote oral presentations at international conferences, and finished a masters! Also was a recipient of the CGS scholarship for my graduate studies.

Essays: I believe my essays made up for my low GPA.

Year: Finished masters

Crazy stats! Good luck! PM me if you wanna play some chess on chess.com after your interviews :p

Result: R

GPA:  3.79

MCAT: 127/128/129/129

ECs: extensive volunteering and employment since 17, worked in front-line healthcare since 2015 in a variety of settings (home care, acute care in hospitals ranging from emerg to internal med, public health), healthcare administrator since 2021 where I'm leading the COVID vaccine rollout to a community of 110,000 people.

Essays: I always feel as if these are a strong aspect for me given by background in healthcare and being able to relate the concepts easily.

Year: Finished undergrad in 2017

The final of 16 cumulative Ontario school rejections has come! If this journey is successful it will have to continue in either Alberta or New Orleans.

13 minutes ago, Nik- said:

ECs: extensive volunteering and employment since 17, worked in front-line healthcare since 2015 in a variety of settings (home care, acute care in hospitals ranging from emerg to internal med, public health), healthcare administrator since 2021 where I'm leading the COVID vaccine rollout to a community of 110,000 people.

Essays: I always feel as if these are a strong aspect for me given by background in healthcare and being able to relate the concepts easily.

The final of 16 cumulative Ontario school rejections has come! If this journey is successful it will have to continue in either Alberta or New Orleans.

was this your 6th time applying to medical school? have you ever got an interview? 

11 hours ago, Nik- said:

Is 3.79 ur wgpa?

On 2/7/2022 at 11:01 AM, joeblowmed said:

I wonder when graduate (non-MD/PhD) applicants will hear back? Does each interview group have an equal distribution of applicant types, or are all the graduate applicants grouped together?

i don't think they are pooled separately. they are probably contacted in the same waves as everyone else but not sure

Applicant type: MD

TIME STAMP: 11:40 am

Interview Date: Feb 27

Result: Invite!

GPA: 4.0 (wGPA)

MCAT: Met the minimum

ECs: A lot research on animals. Currently and RA in human research (gap year). 2nd author on a review article yet to be published. Longterm hospital volunteering. Some leadership position, one leading to a national event

Essays: felt good about them and had them checked by an MD student

Year: UG finished - currently gap year 

Geography: OOP

Wave 2 is starting to come out! Good luck everyone!