Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisted for UofT 2026

Hey everyone, 

I recently heard back from UofT and I got waitlisted. Not really sure how to feel about this since I have no idea what my waitlist position is and Admissions doesn't reveal this information :(. Currently deciding if it's worth to accept the WL and hope for the best, or start exploring other options. 

Do most people accept the waitlist for UofT, or chose other options? Does anyone have insight on how likely it is to receive acceptance from the waitlist? Any insight would be helpful :)

On 2/21/2022 at 4:08 PM, dentistrydmd said:

Accept being on the waitlist. If you get in anywhere else then just accept that spot...

This

Play it as if you aren't getting in. Work on other arrangements or focus on getting acceptances into other schools and if you get off the waitlist at U of T then you're set.

I think it would be shortsighted to completely bank on getting off the waitlist. You never 100% know what will happen with it and you don't want to be left with no plans come September

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...