Premed 101 Forums

Cma national/enterprise car rental discount disappeared.

Other discounts on transportation and phone plans are no longer available.

The VIARAIL discount does not work anymore unfortunately.

The Telus phone plan seems to be gone as well.

I won't be renewing my CMA membership then. 

23 hours ago, samy said:

The VIARAIL discount does not work anymore unfortunately.

The Telus phone plan seems to be gone as well.

I won't be renewing my CMA membership then. 

Weird cause I received an email from the Telus guy and it was mentioning that I needed to send a CMA membership proof to keep my phone plan.

Even weirder is that their website says:

Other discounts on transportation and phone plans are no longer available.

I'm guessing the Telus guy felt it was still worth offering us a rebate since cellphone companies make huge bucks.

I emailed them about this a week ago because my partner and I are planning on going on a trip and was hoping to use the discount. This is what they said:

"The CMA has decided to shift away from providing the member discount program as of March 31, 2022. For the last several years, the CMA has seen a steady decline in the use of our affinity discount program. Taking our cue from members and with a desire to focus our efforts on higher impact initiatives that will help shape the future of health care and be part of the solution to the many challenges facing the profession, we chose not to renew our contracts with these companies. Our focus for our membership moving forward is on achieving bold changes in health care and within the profession as outlined in our new strategy."

What a shame, it was definitely one of the best perks of being a CMA member. Definitely not going to renew at this point.

Given that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, everyone dissatisfied with this and/or planning to cancel their CMA membership in protest should contact CMA to indicate that this was something that mattered. After all, if they don't hear it from their membership, they won't be able to act on it.

Am I optimistic we'll get a positive result? Not really, but it's 5 mins of my time so might as well