Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2023 Cycle

2 hours ago, PT2025 said:

I will email them tmr to double check because that sounds very unfair. 

for those who were not offered a position elsewhere (did not provisionally accept an offer elsewhere), they can expect to hear from the waitlist after june 7th. so after provisional offers become firm. hope that clears it up for those who were confused on the matter 

9 hours ago, ptrunner said:

for those who were not offered a position elsewhere (did not provisionally accept an offer elsewhere), they can expect to hear from the waitlist after june 7th. so after provisional offers become firm. hope that clears it up for those who were confused on the matter 

But again, this still defeats the purpose of waitlist positions?  If someone who didn't get an offer is 5th on the wsitlist, and someone who provisionally accepted somewhere else is 10th, how is it fair to the person on the waitlist thats 5th to be bumped out of their position because someone who was 10th provisionally accepted somewhere else?

Waiting until after the 7th seems odd, mac is sending out 2nd round on the 1st and 3rd round after the 9

41 minutes ago, physio878 said:

But again, this still defeats the purpose of waitlist positions?  If someone who didn't get an offer is 5th on the wsitlist, and someone who provisionally accepted somewhere else is 10th, how is it fair to the person on the waitlist thats 5th to be bumped out of their position because someone who was 10th provisionally accepted somewhere else?

Waiting until after the 7th seems odd, mac is sending out 2nd round on the 1st and 3rd round after the 9

I agree with you. Are you able to paste the email they send you? 

1 hour ago, physio878 said:

Thanks for this. Are those dates for MacPT or OT? Did you reach out for this info?

Hello! I accepted my offer to Western Ot last week sometime, but I was wondering if anyone who did the same have gotten any emails from Western recently? I missed an email that was sent out a while ago and didn’t receive an email when I got accepted (did anyone get one?) so I just wanted to know if there were any other emails I might have missed since then so I can inquire about it further. 
thanks so much!!

8 minutes ago, physio878 said:

Did anyone get an email from uoft for residence today? 

On the waitlist for PT- when signing up do you have to pay for a down payment even if you are on the waitlist? Or do they approve you before you pay the down payment

I believe u pay after you get accepted. So if you’re on the waitlist, you do not have to do anything. 

1 hour ago, OTem said:

Hello! I accepted my offer to Western Ot last week sometime, but I was wondering if anyone who did the same have gotten any emails from Western recently? I missed an email that was sent out a while ago and didn’t receive an email when I got accepted (did anyone get one?) so I just wanted to know if there were any other emails I might have missed since then so I can inquire about it further. 
thanks so much!!

I accepted Western as well and haven’t heard anything! The OT student council posted a bit ago and said they will make a group chat after the 29th so i’m sure we’ll hear soon :)

4 hours ago, OT2023UWO said:

Did anyone hear from Western OT or Queen OT waitlist today? 

I emailed Queens OT today and this was the reply: 

Currently, our program is full. We may access the waitlist following the provisional acceptances on June 7, 2023 or if an applicant drops out of the program over the summer.

On 5/30/2023 at 5:19 PM, LuckyMPT said:

For those who accepted the offer from UofA PT class 2025, if I am going to create a group chat, anyone would be interested in? Do you prefer to be connected by facebook group, whatsApp or Discord? 

Thank you and looking forward to seeing my classmates soon  

I would be interested! Any of those methods are fine by me although I'd maybe lean toward whatsapp. 

Sorry for messaging here, was going to send a DM but it just says there was an error and won't let me do anything.