Premed 101 Forums

Any advice?

Hey everyone! I’m a Canadian applicant (From Ontario) and I wish to apply to UofT, Western and McGill this cycle. My DAT scores are 20 AA, 21 TS, 20 RC, 20 PAT. They’re a bit on the lower side and they’re not as high as I wanted them to be. My gpa is 3.98 for Western, 3.96 for UofT and 3.926 for McGill. I think my ECs are good (peer mentor paid position, frosh planner, volunteering, shadowing, research + thesis, club execs, etc). Do you think I still have a solid chance at these schools? Is it even worth applying to McGill?

On 9/12/2022 at 5:36 PM, Predental987 said:

Hey everyone! I’m a Canadian applicant (From Ontario) and I wish to apply to UofT, Western and McGill this cycle. My DAT scores are 20 AA, 21 TS, 20 RC, 20 PAT. They’re a bit on the lower side and they’re not as high as I wanted them to be. My gpa is 3.98 for Western, 3.96 for UofT and 3.926 for McGill. I think my ECs are good (peer mentor paid position, frosh planner, volunteering, shadowing, research + thesis, club execs, etc). Do you think I still have a solid chance at these schools? Is it even worth applying to McGill?

Yes youre a good all-round applicant. Id apply to all the schools you mentioned. You may consider taking the dat again just to boost your scores slightly if possible, but you have a very good chance to get in.

44 minutes ago, dentistrydmd said:

Mcgill accepts usually around 8 spots out of province but it depends on the year. In fact looking at their website stats it was 11 last year and 10 the year before. Also that doesn’t include waitlist movement. 

Oh, that must've been a more "recent" change; I feel like a dinosaur...

Weird, now that I checked their website, it seems that I was misinformed previously regarding the stats! My apologies, you're right, seems to be 7+/year OOP.

• 2 weeks later...