Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

I guess I will be the first to start this years thread! I never thought I would get to post one of these, so it is pretty amazing to have one finally! I hope we all hear more good news soon! But to get things started:

ACCEPTED

SLU: mlbn (I:09/20,A:10/16)

Congrats man! Must feel good to have the security now :D

I guess I will be the first to start this years thread! I never thought I would get to post one of these, so it is pretty amazing to have one finally! I hope we all hear more good news soon! But to get things started:

ACCEPTED

gosh! so happy for you!!!!! i guess your interview went really well :) how long do u have to respond to your offer?

gosh! so happy for you!!!!! i guess your interview went really well :) how long do u have to respond to your offer?

I must've said something right! I have two weeks to respond! and I will take it ofcourse!

Congrats mlbn! Thats awesome news!

Congrats man! Must feel good to have the security now :D

congrats!:)

Thank you! thank you and thank you!

Congrats! When I applied in 2001-02, SLU did not take Canadians/internationals. I guess that's changed. First acceptance is always a relief. My first acceptance was MCoW (Milwaukee). I was going to go there until I got in at Northwestern a day before I was supposed to start at MCoW so keep all your options open and carefully weigh the pros and cons of each school before you decide. (In retrospect, I could've saved a ton more money had I stayed at MCoW, tuition was "only" 28K back then, even for an international).

Congrats! When I applied in 2001-02, SLU did not take Canadians/internationals. I guess that's changed. First acceptance is always a relief. My first acceptance was MCoW (Milwaukee). I was going to go there until I got in at Northwestern a day before I was supposed to start at MCoW so keep all your options open and carefully weigh the pros and cons of each school before you decide. (In retrospect, I could've saved a ton more money had I stayed at MCoW, tuition was "only" 28K back then, even for an international).

for private schools such as SLU, dartmouth etc, tuition is the same for American and Canadian students right? and even for state-funded uni, as canadians, we pay out-of-state tuition?

for private schools such as SLU, dartmouth etc, tuition is the same for American and Canadian students right? and even for state-funded uni, as canadians, we pay out-of-state tuition?

Yes. However, US students get federally funded Stafford student loans, which are interest free when you're going to school. Canadians have to muster up enough loans or hope to get some help from your parents.

Thanks Moo! I am definitely keeping my options open. While it's a good school, SLU is probably not my first choice in the states. But the relief is unimaginable! It's just good to know I have a plan for next year no matter what!

Congrats mlbn! :D :D

Thank you my friend! I hope you hear back soon too!

SLU was nice but it just pales in comparison to washu st louis.

Having an acceptance anywhere in mid-October is nice. Having spent my whole summer agonizing over the Queen's waitlist, I'm really too happy now to care about WashU or other schools that rank higher than SLU :)

ACCEPTED

WAITLISTED

GWU: concernedp(I: 09/17,WL: 10/18)

I know it is pretty much a rejection. Just wanted to update.

ACCEPTED

SLU: mlbn (I:09/20,A:10/16), madskillz99 (I: 10/11, A: 10/28)

Wayne State: mlbn (I:10/13, A:10/20)

Dartmouth: RickyJamesMD (I:09/30, A:10/22)

SUNY Upstate: thirty6ix (I: 10/19, A: 10/28)

WAITLIST

...hasn't really set in yet.:D

Congratulations to all for well deserved acceptances.

ACCEPTED

SLU: mlbn (I:09/20,A:10/16), madskillz99 (I: 10/11, A: 10/28)

Wayne State: mlbn (I:10/13, A:10/20)

Dartmouth: RickyJamesMD (I:09/30, A:10/22)

SUNY Upstate: thirty6ix (I: 10/19, A: 10/28)

WAITLIST

...hasn't really set in yet.:D

that is super fast response time from SUNY upstate