Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

congrats to everyone who was accepted at wayne today!!!

i interviewed there last week and was wait-listed today... hopefully this bodes well for me to be accepted in dec. or later? fingers-crossed.

weird thing--i was told i would be notified of my status on dec 19 but they contacted me today to tell me i was on the alternate list???

anyone else have this experience or did they for some reason review my file early? can't decide whether this is a good, bad, or neutral thing...

congrats to everyone who was accepted at wayne today!!!

i interviewed there last week and was wait-listed today... hopefully this bodes well for me to be accepted in dec. or later? fingers-crossed.

weird thing--i was told i would be notified of my status on dec 19 but they contacted me today to tell me i was on the alternate list???

anyone else have this experience or did they for some reason review my file early? can't decide whether this is a good, bad, or neutral thing...

I suggest send in updates a couple of weeks before Dec 19th (when they are re-reviewing your file) and if you're really interested, send in a letter of intent describing how you fell in love with them during interview day and why you're what they are looking for.

Any interview invites from Mount Sinai, NYU, George Washington, or VCU? Lots of applicants were placed on hold for GWU, so hopefully I still have a shot, but I feel like all the interview invites for the others have been exhausted already for a typical applicant.

No news..

Side note: I can't update my MDapplicants.com profile.. can't seem to get logged in..some other folks also experiencing issues.

Any interview invites from Mount Sinai, NYU, George Washington, or VCU? Lots of applicants were placed on hold for GWU, so hopefully I still have a shot, but I feel like all the interview invites for the others have been exhausted already for a typical applicant.

Maybe a letter of interest/updates will help? I read that some people on SDN got off hold by writing one...

I sent in a letter of update/interest to GWU and Upstate, where I was also placed on hold. Come on Washington DC!

I'm on hold at Upstate as well. They put me on hold 5 days after I sent in their secondary :eek: .. Oh well, I guess we'll hear back from them in December.

btw, did anyone get an II from Einstein? Their interviews are now scheduled in March.

I'm on hold at Upstate as well. They put me on hold 5 days after I sent in their secondary :eek: .. Oh well, I guess we'll hear back from them in December.

btw, did anyone get an II from Einstein? Their interviews are now scheduled in March.

I think Einstein and NYMC are just now looking at early Sept completed applications. Hopefully we hear from them soon. In terms of the timeline, March for Einstein seems to be fine, as they interview and readily accept people in April and maybe even May. Neither school have many internationals matriculating though, probably due to low acceptance ratio after interviewing.

Interview invite from NYU last week. Judging by the open dates left they still haven't filled a lot of their interview slots. No word fron MSSM for me either...

Don't know if there's any point posting in this anymore, but I'm killing time while studying for a midterm.

4th year undergraduate student from Ontario. GPA = 3.95, MCAT = 38 S

I applied to a ton of schools but interviewed at 4 and have heard back from all of them -

Yale School of Medicine - Rejected

Weill Cornell School of Medicine - Rejected

Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine - Rejected

University of Virginia School of Medicine - Accepted

Was pretty sad to get the Yale rejection =( But life goes on.

aww, I`m sorry hon :(

(stalking old threads haha)