Premed 101 Forums

September MCAT Thread

roycer

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
btw, my test center was awesome....like a hotel...so comfy i didn't wanna come home...the ppl were the nicest u could meet...i fell in love with the ~ 50 yr old male invigilator...we got ear plugs...very effective and comfy as well...loved them so much i stole them...not that they'd be recycling them :D

my invigilator hugged and kissed me when I was leaving. I was the last one there and she says, you look like you need a hug, and she gave me a wonderful hug and kissed me in a grandmotherly way, such a sweet lady.

I am thinking I got lucky and didn't get a mass spec passage. I did get a micro-RNA passage.

Yeah, I got that passage too - it was a real killer. I also missed out on a few discretes, which looking back at now, shouldn't have been that hard to get right. BS was my toughest section today.

RB

*my almost 20 years old isn't good enough??*

obviously not :P

my invigilator hugged and kissed me when I was leaving. I was the last one there and she says, you look like you need a hug, and she gave me a wonderful hug and kissed me in a grandmotherly way, such a sweet lady.

aww how sweet...that would've been so romantic :D...the only time my lover and i touched was when he held my hand and pushed my index finger onto the scanner cuz i wasn't pushing hard enuf :D

it would be great if someone can answer some test format questions:

1. so when you mark a question, you have to review one by one and not the entire passage shows up?

2. search function? did anyone try ctrl+F?

3. were there highlighting and crossing out functions? (like the AAMC practice ones)

4. the breaks, what were you allowed to do during the 10mins break? Can you go out of the room to read your own materials? Can you take more than 10mins cuz I thought it doesn't actually start unless you click 'OK'?

5. were you allowed any drinks during the exam? water? gatorade?

6. did you write you answers on a paper? (in case the compute freezes...)

it would be great if someone can answer some test format questions:

1. so when you mark a question, you have to review one by one and not the entire passage shows up?

2. search function? did anyone try ctrl+F?

3. were there highlighting and crossing out functions? (like the AAMC practice ones)

4. the breaks, what were you allowed to do during the 10mins break? Can you go out of the room to read your own materials? Can you take more than 10mins cuz I thought it doesn't actually start unless you click 'OK'?

5. were you allowed any drinks during the exam? water? gatorade?

6. did you write you answers on a paper? (in case the compute freezes...)

1: when you mark a q and finish the test, there's an option to 'review all' or 'review marked'. If you review marked you'll be taken to the passage and the 1st q in the passage that you marked will be selected, but you won't know the other q's that have been marked unless you click on each individual question.

2. tried, didn't work

3. yes

4. you can go to the bathroom or eat, no notes whatsoever are allowed to be read during breaks. If your caught i think you'll be reported to the aamc ...

5. yes

6. didn't write my answers down on paper (i suppose i took a risk ...) but i would suggest you write down the #'s of the q's you marked to find them more easily when reviewing

i thought that the marking option wasn't very user friendly (not the same as it is on the practice exams) - i personally didn't like it. So I did write down the questions I wasn't sure about and found that an easier way to review them after (I didn't do that for the sciences section and I wish I did).

I personally didn't mind the marking system on the real exam. I had done the thomson prometric tutorial a few times days before the exam so that I knew how I would review marked questions. Also, when you finish a section and it reaches the review page, you can double click on a question # and it will lead you directly to that problem. I did this during my practice exams so I didn't mind doing it during the actual exam.

checking id's, fingerprinting, and signing in and out every single time u left the room was really annoying...almost made me not wanna take breaks

but when i did that, the sweet lady would give me encouraging words SO I would do it! haha ... I cut one of my breaks short and she was like "NO! Is too short! Relax!" haha

I'm about to do all the BS and PS sections of PR Tests 1 through 5 today!!

How did the real deal compare to PR test sections? Was the VR easier than PR's VR?

My PS yesterday was WAY easier than PR's, the VR was similar to PR's, and nothing like EK (which I thought was supposed to be most similar to AAMC).

Archived