Premed 101 Forums

September MCAT Thread

roycer

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey the aerosol think i was talking about was a question in the silver colloidal thingy

PS honestly wasn't that bad, it was like AAMC, i felt like i got a lot of not sure questions, but I went with my gut instinct and that has served me very well on the past exams. It 'felt' like an 11.

and VR was interesting!!! i loved the achilles passage gosh im such a nerd, and this started off 'feeling' like a 10 but I think it may have ended up being like a 9

Yeah im not sure, but there was i think 3 orgo passages, it was definetely wtf and regular orgo is fine.but it was like mass spec and crazy ass stuff..like there was WAY TOO much weight on some things, but that's how the cookie crumbles, I never scored anything less than 12 on AAMC and I felt that this was around 11, gahhh!

I heard that people usually do fairly better than they anticipate, i really hope thats true, and best of luck to all who are writing tomorrow!

It was a question where the ions were suspended and they floated around in some medium, and the options were like aerosol, sol, etc etc

and I think it was aerosol but im not sure?

It was the silver ions reacting with NaBH4 and how they disperse them and how it is yellow and then breaks down and crap.i cant believe i remembered that...meh!

I am so glad to be done!

There is no search function ...

Yeah, alastriss, i totally agree with you about everything you said. PS was not too bad except for the colloidal thing, what was with that question about what color will yellow colloidal particles absorb (red, blue, green, yellow) wtf? isn't it everything except yellow? I guessed about what it was called too, i think i guessed sol... I had a little time to review, maybe 10-12 min

VR was a little worse, there were a fair amount of q's where i kept feeling like i was guessing between 2 answers. I had no time to review at all, i think i had like 15 sec after answering the last q.

WS: I actually didn't mind both of them. The second one about priority to financial security i talked about evolution and our need to survive and reproduce and this is achieved indirectly through money. At the time i thought it was amazing but now i'm starting to think my counter examples are really just rephrased examples ... hopefully i get a Q here.

BS was wtf too. so many times i was guessing between 2. and same with the lactone nomenclature, i had no idea what structure was the right answer. I had little time to check this section too, maybe 4 min.

I was also really dissappointed with the way you 'mark' a question, since when i wanted to go back to my marked questions i would choose the 'review marked' but it would only show me 1 per page, so if i marked more than one there wasn't any significant notation telling me i had more marked q's on that page excpet for clicking on the actual q and noticing if the marked box was red ... very annoying

right now i'm feeling fairly depressed, i'm thinking i got 12/9/11 (PS/VR/BS). Lets hope they super curve BS because that was complete BS :mad:

any suggestions for us for BS?

how was chemistry for PS....were physics and chem balanced?

My answer for that lactone thing was that I looked at the compound in the passage, and they had a lactone system thingy that matched one of the questions, so i was like might as well picked that haha

and eng_dude I wouldn't consider our BS to be reflective of what a BS section is actually lie, but if you must, pretty much study NMR and mass spec. I think we just had a freak-test

Man this has ruined my day, i felt like PS was an 11 and thats a little on the 'safe' side, VR was 9/10, and i was thinking BS was going to raise it but I feel like i might have just gotten a 10. I think im going to end up having to do a 5th year after this, but a lot of my friends thought they did s*** and then they did better than they thought so don't give up hope guys, i keep reminding myself that its all relative

I was also really dissappointed with the way you 'mark' a question, since when i wanted to go back to my marked questions i would choose the 'review marked' but it would only show me 1 per page, so if i marked more than one there wasn't any significant notation telling me i had more marked q's on that page excpet for clicking on the actual q and noticing if the marked box was red ... very annoying

I know!!!!! I only figured that out when i was doing BS!! and then I realized I didnt review all the questions I marked for review! :mad: :mad: :mad:

hey where is avenir???? did the cat eat her?

it did :mad:

stupid vr...didn't finish :mad:

BS: some serious BS from hell...as mentioned above, 3 orgo psgs, beta lactones, nmr, mass spec, u name it...other psg topics included hemoglobin, vitamin E isomers, a space study on phyl, cystic fibrosis...overall, i was surprised by the level of detail u needed to know for some questions

anyway, good luck to those writing tomorrow

btw, my test center was awesome....like a hotel...so comfy i didn't wanna come home...the ppl were the nicest u could meet...i fell in love with the ~ 50 yr old male invigilator...we got ear plugs...very effective and comfy as well...loved them so much i stole them...not that they'd be recycling them :D

Archived