Premed 101 Forums

September MCAT Thread

roycer

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funny thing is tho, that Dort didnt write the passage, so he couldn't have used sinkholes to impress the reader intentionally, the AUTHOR used dort to refer to sinkholes to IMPRESS the reader. I am really shocked that this test was both really harsh passagewise and really harsh scalewise, can we infer something of an evolution in the ability of test takers that took place between aamc 9 and 10?

well tomorrow at my school the library finally opens up with regular hours (except for friday) so around 8 a.m to 11 p.m, I haven't gone to the library all summer... although I will not be studying the whole time because that probably is not physically possible, I plan on spending solid hours at the library this week and next week (along with going to classes). Now I am going to approach the mcat as a final exam... all the work has been done, now time to fine tune everything then take it all out on the 15th. lastly it sucks having a bad verbal on the most recent test you take, but with those in similar situations I would just have to say, if you got a 10 on a verbal before you can get a 10 on a verbal again (thats my self psych).

lets kill this thing.

well tomorrow at my school the library finally opens up with regular hours (except for friday) so around 8 a.m to 11 p.m, I haven't gone to the library all summer... although I will not be studying the whole time because that probably is not physically possible, I plan on spending solid hours at the library this week and next week (along with going to classes). Now I am going to approach the mcat as a final exam... all the work has been done, now time to fine tune everything then take it all out on the 15th. lastly it sucks having a bad verbal on the most recent test you take, but with those in similar situations I would just have to say, if you got a 10 on a verbal before you can get a 10 on a verbal again (thats my self psych).

lets kill this thing.

I think that I am done studying for VR for the most part, I think part of the reason why my aamc X score dropped not because it was harder, which it was, but because i wrote it so nervously because everyone had said it was brutal. At this point, there isnt much i can do to improve VR, but regardless what i feel is going to be the biggest factor in determining my score from here on out is how i handle myself in that 1 hour, whether i stay focused, start panicking, etc.

p.s if anyone else is worried about aamc X remember that its possible that the other passages that were cut out were actually a little easier, plus rounding when reformatting he scale may have made the scale a little steeper than it actually is

Guest begaster

If 54 really was A, then I did just as well on this AAMC test as the one I did the day before (AAMC 8, I believe). So I guess I didn't find ten much tougher. You probably just psyched yourself out beforehand. :P

ya the essays, still have only done 1 so far. However, I just reviewed the answers for some essays from the kaplan tests and I think I can swing a good number (hopefully) when I 'type'. I am going to do kaplan 9 VR now and see how that goes. I went back to the basics last night and reviewed the EK routine. Today has been really light for me, sorta like a day off.

I did #3 and #9 aamc VR's today and got 9 in both ... very frustrating. I think i'm going to slow too, i think i'm gonna speed up my reading of the passage. all i have now is aamc X left. I'll probably do some EK and I need to do some WS stuff too. I'm not gonna like this week :(

Keep it up guys, you're almost freeeeeee

the sad thing is i've been semi-free the whole summer...i haven't studied so hard that i'd know i've given it my all...and yet i've studied enuf to ruin my summer...whatever, i think if i screw up, it'll be cuz of VR again...which i've prepared for more than i did last summer...so i'm not gonna feel too guilty.

r u guys going to your first week of classes?

i dont want to...altho i prolly should go to at least one lecture cuz i'm not sure if i wanna take the course or replace it with something else...i'll see how i feel on wed...it's funny i've noticed that lately so many of my decisions have been spontaneous..but i've never considered myself to be a spontaneous person :D

the sad thing is i've been semi-free the whole summer...i haven't studied so hard that i'd know i've given it my all...and yet i've studied enuf to ruin my summer...whatever, i think if i screw up, it'll be cuz of VR again...which i've prepared for more than i did last summer...so i'm not gonna feel too guilty.

i dont want to...altho i prolly should go to at least one lecture cuz i'm not sure if i wanna take the course or replace it with something else...i'll see how i feel on wed...it's funny i've noticed that lately so many of my decisions have been spontaneous..but i've never considered myself to be a spontaneous person :D

Doing my test friday, leaving to Uni saturday morning, and going to have my

head in a toilet sunday morning <-- my plan :D

cuz september members fly togother, the 7th go in first recon a little and take down the enemy, 8 goes in right after for a surprise attack and then 15th comes in pillages, and takes it down and we call it a season. THen we head home to our wives and children (which would translate to applications and what have u if we stick to the analogy)man i am so psyched!! aamc X PS is good! and that single/multiwire crazy ass passage got 5/6!! i still don't get it tho...haha

cuz september members fly togother, the 7th go in first recon a little and take down the enemy, 8 goes in right after for a surprise attack and then 15th comes in pillages, and takes it down and we call it a season. THen we head home to our wives and children (which would translate to applications and what have u if we stick to the analogy)

hahahahhaa! :D

Archived