Premed 101 Forums

September MCAT Thread

roycer

i'm doing my practice psgs while listening to music and singing along, lol

i'm so sick of this material that i dont feel like concentrating..but for the BS section at least i'm still finishing each psg in 8 mins or less...i think with the way mcat is administered now, it's a good idea to do the practice tests under distracting conditions :P

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha roycer you know what's funny?

my best aamc tests have been when I walked in with no expectation of actually getting a double digit on the real thing. I was like, ok, im not going to get 10, let me just minimize the damage, squeeze by a 9, and let my gpa do the rest of the work. I started scoring double digits. The moment I had an expectation to fulfill walking into the rest of the tests, it was all over!

ahhh!

I think i need a day off VR ugghh

i made 9 mistakes in a six passage VR test from kaplan....there were 45 questions in it...the scaled score says i get a 10....is this right ??...is kaplan scaled score similar to real mcat test scores?

Honestly it depends on which one. I find that their new CBT stuff on their syllabus is harder than aamc..ive gotten 11 10 10 6 6 (wtf happened there) and I got 11 10 9 on aamc exams, even the 11 was 2 q away form a 10 and the 9 was 1 away from a 10. The average kaplan score for me is lower, so in that sense yes it is harder.

I find that their questions are easier but detailed, while aamc is harder but more so on the main idea. PIck out the main idea and u can do aamc, but picking out the main idea is harder for most, so in the end it does depend on your skills.

People ahve reported drops in their Kaplan to real thing score, but how much is attributed to anxiety, is difficult to quantify.

i dont know why...but i have done a lot of tests and i still feel i haven't done much...how many tests on avg have u guys done?...or maybe its just the anxiety and usual exam hypes..

a lot of section tests, not a single full length test so far, but saving AAMC X aka mother test for this upcoming week.

sighh i wanted to do all the aamc tests, but i wont have time...tomorrow i'm gonna wrap up BS by doing 3 aamc BS sections + ~15 EK bio/orgo psgs

then it's back to PS...i hope i haven't forgotten too much in the past 2 or so weeks...i'm basically gonna review some concepts/formulas, go over the EK PS psgs i've done and do 3 aamc PS sections

other than that, i'm having trouble sleeping already and i wake up experiencing significant sympathetic arousal in the morning :D...and i'm like, relax it's still a week away u moron :P

sighh i wanted to do all the aamc tests, but i wont have time...tomorrow i'm gonna wrap up BS by doing 3 aamc BS sections + ~15 EK bio/orgo psgs

then it's back to PS...i hope i haven't forgotten too much in the past 2 or so weeks...i'm basically gonna review some concepts/formulas, go over the EK PS psgs i've done and do 3 aamc PS sections

other than that, i'm having trouble sleeping already and i wake up experiencing significant sympathetic arousal in the morning :D...and i'm like, relax it's still a week away u moron :P

wait so does that mean i can remove the (wo) from av-(wo)man? haha

wait so does that mean i can remove the (wo) from av-(wo)man? haha

ahahahaaa...i wonder if this means what i think it means loll :D

but sure, w/e...i'm pretty flexible, +/- wo it's all the same :P

alastriss, LOL for interpreting the morning sympathetic arousal.... the way you did...

and avenir stop making people think you are a guy (you had us all calling you bro for like a year lol)!

oh man, good times

alastriss, LOL for interpreting the morning sympathetic arousal.... the way you did...

and avenir stop making people think you are a guy

i'm not making ppl think that...i did say SYMPATHETIC arousal...what Alastriss is thinking of is due to PARASYMPATHETIC arousal...jeez, it's not my fault u ppl don't know ur physiology :P

ya i haven't been doing so hot on the mini VR's...but today i started going over some of the previous ones...and i should say it definitely helps to revisit them...after reading the psgs carefully again, things start to fall into place and the correct answers seem to make sense...i wish i could get this much out of a psg the first time around

ya i haven't been doing so hot on the mini VR's...but today i started going over some of the previous ones...and i should say it definitely helps to revisit them...after reading the psgs carefully again, things start to fall into place and the correct answers seem to make sense...i wish i could get this much out of a psg the first time around

arggh 101 passages for EK is just insane avenir so I do feel you.

I want to stick to aamc for now

Does anyone hav ethe AAMC full lengths that they can send me with answers? I want to take a crack athe VR passages that didn't make the CBT aamc versions.

Archived