Premed 101 Forums

September MCAT Thread

roycer

Guest begaster

Well, I've got another two and a half weeks or so until I write (you too, I guess), and about another 15 tests to cover. Just glad to hear that AAMC will hopefully be reflective of my final score. I'll keep doing the PR tests because it can't hurt to get more practice, but I won't freak out if I get a low mark.

Thanks for the heads up. :D

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I've got another two and a half weeks or so until I write (you too, I guess), and about another 15 tests to cover. Just glad to hear that AAMC will hopefully be reflective of my final score. I'll keep doing the PR tests because it can't hurt to get more practice, but I won't freak out if I get a low mark.

Thanks for the heads up. :D

sept 7th for me :D want to get it out of the way b4 school starts. TPR and Kaplan are MOST effective when u review why u got the answers wrong, often you will learn something new that could help u understand a concept more deeply.

Guest begaster

Yeah, I agree with that. I took about two weeks off from VR and dropped down two points. Back up after a day and a half of practice, but it was a worrisome post-test feeling.

hey guys

just wondering for those kaplan guys out there... I just took their physical sciences test number 5... I got an 11 on it, could have probably got a bit more right but i just got too bored and when I was finished I just started to see what I got (it was the paper version). Now, how has other peoples kaplan scores compared with AAMC, better, on par?

;)

hey guys

just wondering for those kaplan guys out there... I just took their physical sciences test number 5... I got an 11 on it, could have probably got a bit more right but i just got too bored and when I was finished I just started to see what I got (it was the paper version). Now, how has other peoples kaplan scores compared with AAMC, better, on par?

I remember getting 11 on Kaplan's FL test 5 last year when it was paper, I don't know if they changed it around but i got 12s on AAMC exams

Wow EK is really good! my verbal shot up from 6 - 11 on AAMC, i strongly recommend it for VR people, and does anyone else feel that Kaplan's Computer based full length VR section is now much better correlating with AAMC's style? I did AAMC 6 and it was much closer than last year or so i felt

for the EK verbal exams...are you guys going back after you finish it and 'deeply' looking at why you got the questions wrong?

It's just that after the EK test i really hate to see why I got the question wrong and usually it just turns out that better reading would have lead to the right answer.....

is it worth to analyze why you got it wrong?

for the EK verbal exams...are you guys going back after you finish it and 'deeply' looking at why you got the questions wrong?

It's just that after the EK test i really hate to see why I got the question wrong and usually it just turns out that better reading would have lead to the right answer.....

is it worth to analyze why you got it wrong?

If anyhting I think you should go back and write down the main idea like the EK guys say, that seems to be really helpful to do especially because it forces you to articulate the main idea and trains you to identify it in future passages in the future.

Eng_dude I hear you, the worst about about all this is hitting the end button and waiting the page to load with ur estimated scores :mad:

gratz sisyphus, that's the way to do it. EK really got my score up simply by processing what im reading as opposed to trying to remember things as well as taking 20 seconds to articulate the main idea.

I am going to try to do a test right now just by looking at the question stems in EK, just to practice getting a feel for the answer, I heard it is beneficial so im going to give it a shot

But anyone else feel uneasy about that kaplan raw score --> scaled score conversion?

hey man,

from my personal experience, kaplan hasn't been the greatest of indicators. I know what you mean about the lower percentage and then high scaled final mark. Don't worry too much about it. I think it's designed that way.

For the real deal, a 75% 'ish (30'ish/40) would get you a 10....don't put too much trust in the kaplan ones.

hey man,

from my personal experience, kaplan hasn't been the greatest of indicators. I know what you mean about the lower percentage and then high scaled final mark. Don't worry too much about it. I think it's designed that way.

For the real deal, a 75% 'ish (30'ish/40) would get you a 10....don't put too much trust in the kaplan ones.

Yeh you are right, it just sucks cuz i can't enjoy my 10 knowing it was 55% :(, but the funny thing is the test before that, a 31/ corresponded to an 11! wtf indeed. I think im goin to work on accuracy and prepare for the worst situation possible for VR.

so I just dropped to a 9 on bio on aamc9...wth...please tell me I'm just freaking myself out...

Keep at it!! Maybe just bad luck with some concepts you're not too familiar with?

On that note, I'm off these forums until after the 15th. Good luck ALL!

so I just dropped to a 9 on bio on aamc9...wth...please tell me I'm just freaking myself out...

don't worry, I just did it should have probably rechecked answers but knowing your mark is a click away... ended up with a 10.

I wouldn't worry about the 9, just see what you got wrong and why and take it from there. Practice tests are just practice and even if you have an off section now you could totally get a section you absolutely can kill on test day.

strengths and weaknesses:rolleyes:

As each day passes I put a red cross over the date on the calender..

I feel so nervous when I see THE DAY approaching:eek:

I can't wait til it's over!

I just did a EK verbal test..... sigh..must let my anger out somewhere:mad:

hope I improve in a week!

must practise....practise....

hey dude...don't worry. I'm like that too!!! or perhaps triple that....just hang in there!..we'll get it through

phantom - amazing scores bud! You'll rock it :)

av-(wo)man!

LOL :P

arggghh' date=' so far

EK 101 passages test 1 - 10

Kaplan VR FL 7 - 11

Kaplan VR FL 8 - 10

Kaplan VR FL 9 - 10

AAMC test 6 VR - 11

AAMC test 8 VR - 9

more to come, wishing productive studying to all! [/quote']

u've got some solid scores there!

i've finished all EK verbal material...i'm gonna redo some to practice finding the mcain idea & improve my confidence :D...and then i only have aamc 10 verbal to do a couple days before the mcat, which i've heard is a killer

Archived