Premed 101 Forums

September MCAT Thread

roycer

LOL :P

u've got some solid scores there!

i've finished all EK verbal material...i'm gonna redo some to practice finding the mcain idea & improve my confidence :D...and then i only have aamc 10 verbal to do a couple days before the mcat, which i've heard is a killer

Yeah that's what I've heard too, are the recent mcats as hard as aamc 10 in terms of verbal? most people say that its been generally the usual, so is that aamc 10 usual or previous aamc exams included?

I hate VR cuz it really is a crapshoot for me, if my concentration wanders for even a little bit or if the passage scares me, i lose confidence, waste time, and start to panic..ahh!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks eng. I just did the verbal on aamc 9, finished with an 11 but I got the majority of the ones I was iffy on right, so it really could have gone either way ...

Same here alastriss, if my concentration goes away for a second or with deep prose I start thinking ah crap, but the questions sometimes might be easier than you think.

I'm still trying to figure out how to raise the bio :confused:

thanks eng. I just did the verbal on aamc 9, finished with an 11 but I got the majority of the ones I was iffy on right, so it really could have gone either way ...

Same here alastriss, if my concentration goes away for a second or with deep prose I start thinking ah crap, but the questions sometimes might be easier than you think.

I'm still trying to figure out how to raise the bio :confused:

phantom man what's your background? are you not science?

phantom man what's your background? are you not science?

hey, I actually do have a science background, predominently in physiology however. It seems that my bio passage dissection is lacking though. As for verbal well I never read many novels growing up or have tried reading the economist or other magazines around those lines... but what might indirectly be helping me is that I have taken a couple sociology classes and other classes which do require a heavy amount of reading but I am not too sure if that can be related... I've only done 1 WS practice :eek:, gotta get on those

hey, I actually do have a science background, predominently in physiology however. It seems that my bio passage dissection is lacking though. As for verbal well I never read many novels growing up or have tried reading the economist or other magazines around those lines... but what might indirectly be helping me is that I have taken a couple sociology classes and other classes which do require a heavy amount of reading but I am not too sure if that can be related... I've only done 1 WS practice :eek:, gotta get on those

Yeah definetely need to get on WS! My friend has a kickass score but can't get an interview at UWO cuz of writing sample!

anywayz i can understand where your coming from, the questions I miss are usually cuz i missed something in the passage! I also on more than one occasion, if not all, I look at the clock and im like oh s***, i end up racing through some of the passages, and then i finish with like 6 minutes left and i want to go bcak but i don't know which ones to ponder so i just hit end.

Phantom we might get lucky and a have physio heavy mcat

DO you guys mind if i post an essay or two here and you guys throw out a mark (1-6)?

not at all..it would be a pleasure to steal ur ideas :D jkjk :P

i only got a Q myself, but sure i could tell u what i think based on the essays/scores i've seen....speaking of which i have yet to do any practice for WS...better get on that :eek:

yeah maybe eh... seems to been quite a bit of genetics this past summer so a physio/orgo might be a coming. I am pretty much out of verbal material... which sorta sucks because you do gotta keep a bit fresh. I think I aswell will redo some EK 101 :rolleyes:

had a definete low with a 6 then 7s in VR after a 11 10 10 for Kaplan. I don't like their detailed style so im going to hit up aamc IX after I have a bit to eat and mentally prepare for it..wishin a productive study day to all as usual.

had a definete low with a 6 then 7s in VR after a 11 10 10 for Kaplan. I don't like their detailed style so im going to hit up aamc IX after I have a bit to eat and mentally prepare for it..wishin a productive study day to all as usual.

don't worry about that, if you hit the score before you can hit it again. I think I am a bit too relaxed right now, haven't done anything since morning and just was watching tv and yes played some fine hockey on the good old xbox.... however I should be focusing on bio which reminds me I shall do that now.

well my highest mark in bio came on a kaplan test i just did, kaplan 9. Got a 12, haven't even hit that mark on any aamc's :confused:

what?! I hit 12 on Kaplan ONCE, and my aamc has been 12-14! kaplan is so much harder than aamc man why are you having so much trouble?

AAMC VR IX scored a 9 but just one away from a 10! pourrqueeeeee

14 on aamc 9 BS :cool:

that's the only practice test i've done for BS this summer

tomorrow is my last BS day...seems like i'm in good shape :D

Nice work avenir, I got a 14 on the BS for aamc 8, and I think i called BS done and ready for action. Just need to review the numbers for IR and such as well as some orgo reagents :D

How's PS and VR coming along?

nice scores all across the board, sorta makes me feel a bit lucky that I don't have to go head to head with you guys lol.

a question for the kaplan tests... I felt that kaplan 8 and 9 were more 'passaged based' than other tests I have taken, would others agree or disagree.

nice scores all across the board, sorta makes me feel a bit lucky that I don't have to go head to head with you guys lol.

a question for the kaplan tests... I felt that kaplan 8 and 9 were more 'passaged based' than other tests I have taken, would others agree or disagree.

i don't know cuz i've never done kaplan tests, but ppl are saying that the recent mcat BS sections have been more passage-based, so it's a good idea to practice with those i guess...i'm doing the EK mini-mcats and they also seem to be more psg-based.

Nice work avenir, I got a 14 on the BS for aamc 8, and I think i called BS done and ready for action. Just need to review the numbers for IR and such as well as some orgo reagents :D

How's PS and VR coming along?

ugh i hate VR...fluctuating as usual...i'm just trying to do a few psgs every other day and hope for the best :D

haven't done PS in a couple weeks...before that, i did 2 aamc tests and got 13 i think...i'm gonna dedicate the last 3-4 days to PS and doing the rest of the aamc PS sections...

as for WS, well it's been neglected for the most part :o

ugh i hate VR...fluctuating as usual...i'm just trying to do a few psgs every other day and hope for the best :D

haven't done PS in a couple weeks...before that, i did 2 aamc tests and got 13 i think...i'm gonna dedicate the last 3-4 days to PS and doing the rest of the aamc PS sections...

as for WS, well it's been neglected for the most part :o

yeah i think tomorrow ill throw a WS up on here haha to get the ball rollin, hopefully we can all help each other out on that.

VR is a thorn in my side..I feel like a fat kid reaching for chocolate but can only reach so far cuz he ate an entire cake by himself and he's now bloated.

Man I just did an EK test and i scored a 9.

For a company that says 90% of the questions will focus on the main idea, they sure jacked up the number of ridiculously detailed questions in their 101 passages..wtf! i feel aamc is easier because it is about the main idea regardless of the difficult looking question stems and not about straightforward yet detailed questions. Maybe its just test II that is like this.

Archived