Premed 101 Forums

IP Interviews

Inspired17

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know if you guys notice but the email they sent out looks as if they sent the wrong one (with the right attatchement). Thanking us for accepting the interview and saying that the MMI and interview was useful in the decision process.... It seems they sent out the final answer email for OOP or international students. Just found it kinda funny

I dont know if you guys notice but the email they sent out looks as if they sent the wrong one (with the right attatchement). Thanking us for accepting the interview and saying that the MMI and interview was useful in the decision process.... It seems they sent out the final answer email for OOP or international students. Just found it kinda funny

Ya, i got kinda nervous when i 1st saw that comment about MMI...i thought they were gonna implement that on us due to its success with oops

Heh... I missed that - went straight for the attachment! You're right, though - it does sound a little strange.

• 2 weeks later...
How are candidates ranked post-interview? If anyone knows the breakdown, & which factors are weighted, the info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

From what ive read in a canadian medschool book, post interview you are given a total score out of 30

5 for autobiography/CV

5 for GPA

5 for reference letters

5 for MCAT

10 for interviews (5 for each interview)

but thats just from a book...

From what ive read in a canadian medschool book, post interview you are given a total score out of 30

5 for autobiography/CV

5 for GPA

5 for reference letters

5 for MCAT

10 for interviews (5 for each interview)

but thats just from a book...

Thanks! :)

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks! :)

Can anyone confirm this?

I believe that is outdated.

The last I heard...

20% GPA

20% MCAT

20% Autobiography, References

40% Interview

But you have to realize that the autobiography counts unofficially for more than that because I believe the interviewers have a copy during the interviews and spend the builk of the interview going over it. So it factors into that.

yes each interviewer has a copy of your autobio letter. They read them in advance and scribble notes on them. Don't let that throw you off.

What else do they have?

May be our CV, GPA/MCAT, kind of rating (since everything's been marked out of 20%)?

Thanks.

I believe that is outdated.

The last I heard...

20% GPA

20% MCAT

20% Autobiography, References

40% Interview

But you have to realize that the autobiography counts unofficially for more than that because I believe the interviewers have a copy during the interviews and spend the builk of the interview going over it. So it factors into that.

Thank you for the information :)

Archived