Premed 101 Forums

puck this wait!

gonna be a lot of changes for the sens in the offseason i think. Good game by the Foligno/Vermette/stillman line, especially foligno. Man, if vermette had put in that shorthanded 2 on 1 right before the pens first goal it woulda been a totally different game. No luck for Vermette tonight at all.

Not sure who I'm goin for now. If calgary can keep playing well, i'd love to see them go far. Montreal, no thanks. Washington, it'd be awesome seeing them (aka ovechkin and green) do well. I like the rangers though too (minus avery). Shanahan's probably one of my favorite players of all time and plus Nigel Dawes plays for them, he's a winnipeg native, was a year younger than me but was often called up to my team to play with us back in the day for the Dakota Lazers.

We should start a thread in the general forum: Puck this wait! - The official 2008 NHL playoff thread

and thanks to the OP for the thread title, haha, talk about thread hijack eh?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ottawa this summer: Stillman gone, Commodore gone, Emery bought out (although I hope they trade Gerber instead), Redden gone, some blockbuster trade (Spezza for Luongo maybe?), hiring of Pat Burns as coach.

None the less, I am going to pull behind Calgary and Washington (if both win tonight).

As a side note, has anybody been questioned already about getting final transcripts in? I got an email today that they are looking for one for me already.

Yeah there will be big changes to Ottawa this summer. Redden and Emery will most likely be gone, and I actually like Gerber over Emery. I want the Spezza-Heatley-Alfredsson line to stay together though.

Ottawa this summer: Stillman gone, Commodore gone, Emery bought out (although I hope they trade Gerber instead), Redden gone, some blockbuster trade (Spezza for Luongo maybe?), hiring of Pat Burns as coach.

None the less, I am going to pull behind Calgary and Washington (if both win tonight).

As a side note, has anybody been questioned already about getting final transcripts in? I got an email today that they are looking for one for me already.

<2cents> As much as the Canucks need some goal scorers, the new Canucks GM would have to be an idiot to trade Luongo for Spezza. Crosby or Ovechkin maybe (hypothetically). </2cents>

• 2 weeks later...
Hey! Who said you can hijack this thread back? Personally I think the Flyers are going to meet Dallas in the Stanley Cup, which is sure to be very exciting to watch!

good call keith, there's no way they can hijack the thread that we hijacked in the first place!

I think it would be hilarious is philly beat pittsburgh in the east finals and went to the cup. But whoever makes it out of the west would destroy philly. I'd still like to see the rangers come back and win the next 3 and take out the pens. Malkin and crosby are such little immature kids, especially after the stupid stuff they were doin at the end of tonight's game. "Hmmm, we're the top two scorers, maybe we should both get penalties late in the third even though we're only down by two goals!".....genius.....

Dallas vs. Detroit is gonna be a sweet series, possibly better than the finals, but who knows.

I'm considered in province but I've been living in the usa for the past little while...so it looks like i'll be checking my email every 10 mins come may 15th... I sure hope that I don't miss their email in all the junk mail I get and filter...

Hey guys...so I just realized that I haven't really been paying attention and all of sudden it's May 6! Wow, we could find out as early as next week, that's crazy! Has anyone heard if they are still keeping the same dates this year for sending out their decisions??

I think they are still doing the batching (according the info they had in the applicant bulletin for this cycle), but I recall them mentioning something at the MMI about potentially taking longer to review the files this year, just wondering if anyone had heard the final verdict.

Hey Guys,

I emailed Beth Jennings, she told me they are not sending emails (I asked about people in Winnipeg not sure if this applies to everyone) so most likely the letters for the first acceptances (which are still going to be sent on May 15) won't get there until after the long weekend. The second batch will be sent on June 4th. Same as previous years. Hopefully time passes quickly until we all find out!

Archived