Premed 101 Forums

Kill the Radio: Suggestions for Listening Material

seeking1

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentleman Reg - How We Exit

Anything that comes off the Arts and Crafts Label tends to be gold for the indie-rock/alt scene.

I'm determined to keep this thread on the first page this year.... even if it means listening to rarer and more eclectic types of music in order to replenish my recommendations....

I haven't dropped and Half Finnish/Half Icelandic Folk Celebratory Chants on you guys yet but don't think they're not coming haha.

I'm determined to keep this thread on the first page this year.... even if it means listening to rarer and more eclectic types of music in order to replenish my recommendations....

I haven't dropped and Half Finnish/Half Icelandic Folk Celebratory Chants on you guys yet but don't think they're not coming haha.

Sounds like a plan!

I declare a 0.004 bonus on your next 'round of applications just for that idea, hehe!

:D

anyone on here into dancehall? right now I have Shaggy on heavy rotation but would like some other recommendations.

If you've seen the movie 500 days of summer, maybe you've heard Regina Spektor? I recommend her Begin to Hope album, as well as the songs "Us", "Hero" and "Laughing With" from later albums (they were in the movie).

ps. yes, Shaggy and Regina Spektor are from totally different parts of the musical spectrum--what can i say, I have eclectic musical taste. :D

An oldie but a goodie...

If you like Vanilla Sky this one might rings some bells

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space

http://hypem.com/#/track/889237/Spiritualized+-+Ladies+And+Gentlemen+We+Are+Floating+In+Space

haha way to go Halcyon for branching out to Finnish Classical music before I got the chance!

haha way to go Halcyon for branching out to Finnish Classical music before I got the chance!

Your fault for mentioning Finnish/ Icelandic tunes! :P

I've actually got a few Sibelius CDs – all very cool. I'm slightly obsessed with wanting to go to Scandinavia (never been!).

Some contemporary Scandinavian artists:

Bjork (obviously)

Sigur Ros (some already posted on here)

Röyksopp (Norwegian fun!)

My contribution of the day:

Royksopp - So Easy

(This song makes me think of tiny gnomes marching around; similar to the little guys in "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory")

For anytime, and anywhere... Oasis.

Once you actually listen to the band, you see that Wonderwall is their worst song.

Also I can't forget Arctic Monkeys, Rage Against the Machine, and The Clash.

Morning Glory is my favorite Oasis song. Also my sister had Live Forever as her wedding song

Morning Glory is my favorite Oasis song. Also my sister had Live Forever as her wedding song

Wow. That's incredible! Your sister and I have very similar taste. That's what I want as my wedding song too! (It's a little bit early though, haha) It's my favourite song in the world.. even though they broke up like two days ago :( </3

Wow. That's incredible! Your sister and I have very similar taste. That's what I want as my wedding song too! (It's a little bit early though, haha) It's my favourite song in the world.. even though they broke up like two days ago :( </3

Your posting about Oasis did have an ominous quality to it. :P

Radiohead - House of Cards

(Even if this is a re-post, I really like this song; so, it deserves another 'round :))

I don't wanna be your friend.

I just wanna be your lover.

No matter how it ends.

No matter how it starts.

Since we're on a radiohead kick, here's a new radiohead song (these are my twisted words):

Archived