Premed 101 Forums

Kill the Radio: Suggestions for Listening Material

seeking1

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anybody is interested in some really long tracks of classical music, then I suggest Oum Kulthoum.. the most important figure in Arabic music in the 20th century! She is good!!!.. not much talking sometimes.. lots of classical music.. and songs are usually like half an hour

here is a sample:

Alf Lila wa Lila (1001 nights)

Baeed Annak (far from you):

by the way the first link doesn't contain any singing yet.. it's like 41 minutes total and this is only 6!

If anybody is interested in some really long tracks of classical music, then I suggest Oum Kulthoum.. the most important figure in Arabic music in the 20th century! She is good!!!.. not much talking sometimes.. lots of classical music.. and songs are usually like half an hour

here is a sample:

Alf Lila wa Lila (1001 nights)

Baeed Annak (far from you):

by the way the first link doesn't contain any singing yet.. it's like 41 minutes total and this is only 6!

represent!

10charlimit

Wow, very cool! I'm going to have to check out more of this.

hey guys, just jumped on this thread and didnt really wanna read the first 24 pages lol....

gotta gove some love to The Arkells, saw them last night opening for The Hip. BOTH of these bands have some awesome tunes...i dont have youtube access at work, ill post some links later

The variety of responses is quite amazing.

Exercise

1990's dance, pop, or rock--I need to feel like moving.

Artistic Writing/Feelings et al

Carmina Burana

Enya

Dancing

Depends on the drinks involved ;)

Typically rock, jazz, something current off the radio

I really love The Proclaimers, Nina Simon, Louis Armstrong, etc.

Relaxation

Light Jazz, Classic Rock

I'm listening to some old ACDC at the moment. Not exactly conducive for studying, but whatever.

Honestly, I don't care what people play--I enjoy it all, but I rarely remember titles or artists.

Archived