Premed 101 Forums

Kill the Radio: Suggestions for Listening Material

seeking1

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's actually a good song lol

Oh I agree that it's a great song....I was just shocked that I was the only one in the club going nuts since it's not really a legitimate song, haha

But while we're on the topic of funny youtube videos, this isn't a song but it gets me every time:

Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

That is actually a surprisingly good song.

Frankie Valli - Beggin (Pilooski mix) - you may also know it as the song from the new ADIDAS commercials. Its funny this song has been around for a while but after hearing it in the commercial, its officially back on repeat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ykoFDTqla0

If you're in the mood for some Canadian folk, I'd recommend "Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'" by Joel Plaskett. For some solid American folk (with a dash of indie, heh), check out "Lost Coastlines" by Okkervil River. The latter is linked below:

It's been suggested earlier... but I'm in complete agreement of the greatness of the new metric album....

I LOVE Gimme Sympathy.... and I usually don't take to singles too strongly because they're overplayed.... I can't get enough of this one though.

lol... hilarious...

I was driving home from campus the other day.... and London radio stations as far as I'm concerned are terrible..

CHRW has some good shows but you have to get lucky to find them..

I swear to god that FM96 only plays AC-DC..... I had nothing against AC-DC until every other god damn song on FM96 was them lol.... although I've enjoyed living in London and am usually quick to defend/promote it to others and have called it home for last 5 years.... if one were to find a way to summarize some of the lacking culture outside of the university haha It's reflected in the programming of FM96, if their programming is truly representative of what the majority of this city enjoys in the alternative realm.

From the rest of this post you would never guess where I was going but after thinking there was nothing on I switched to 103.9 The Hawk, although they don't call themselves the Hawk anymore and found something that cheered me up and I proceeded to blare it out the windows of my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BARLfUmyBJA

Archived