Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Acceptances Are Out

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys! congratulations to all accepted!

I just want to tell the waitlist students to hang in there. It takes a lot of patience but top 20 is pretty much guaranteed acceptance. I was #9 on the waitlist last year, and the waitlist movement was extremely slow last year so I got in early or mid August. I just want to tell you guys so you don't lose hope! hopefully it will move even more this year (the year before us, the waitlist moved 33 spots!)

Hey Sara,

I'm #9 on the waitlist this year! The wait is agonizing! Did you apply for scholarships/loans/bursaries before you got the acceptance last year? Thanks!

Hey Sara,

I'm #9 on the waitlist this year! The wait is agonizing! Did you apply for scholarships/loans/bursaries before you got the acceptance last year? Thanks!

hey mgl, congratulations! hopefully, your wait will be a lot shorter than mine.

I don't think you can apply for those without an acceptance letter. I applied for a LOC after I got my western acceptance and then switched it to a u of t one once I got in here.

I don't know about scholarships, but the deadline for most of these things will be after the class is full so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

that's what the woman said when i called her two days ago

but i'm thinking that admin staff don't wanna say anything incriminating until everything has been officially processed

but feel free to give them a ring (416) 979-4901, ext. 4373

So far there has been only one movement on UofT dentistry waitlist right?

Does that mean everybody who got accepted has paid their $2000 deposit?

Also means that if they pull their application now, they lose that deposit.

So people will wait until end of August to decide where they want to go next year.

It is tough to just sit and wait... I'm very down on the waitlist (#20) :( I guess I'm #19 now. :P

If it helps, I think that everyone moved up two spots on the wait list cuz 2 mcgill folks dropped u of t

I'd like to confirm that bc I just called U of T and the wait list moved up two spots

I'm #2 now :)

I just realized that May 15 is a Friday. That means ppl on the wait list probably won't hear official movement into the middle of the next week (assuming that they take a few weekdays to process)

do people really apply to both dental and med schools??? =S

i hope so, for our sake, but it doesn't seem probable to me...

Archived