Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Acceptances Are Out

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on those who got in, and those on the waitlist as well - those lists move quicker than you think!

For those accepted, do you mind posting some stats like some of you have been doing so the rest of us can see what's required to get in?

Congrats again!

Wow

You guys got killer GPAs and DATs

(Thank god for my Masters)

Agreed.

Congrats on those who got in, and those on the waitlist as well - those lists move quicker than you think!

For those accepted, do you mind posting some stats like some of you have been doing so the rest of us can see what's required to get in?

Congrats again!

My stats:

Best two years undergrad gpa: 3.73 and 3.83

Masters gpa: 3.9

AA/PAT: 20/22

Hi guys,...

I just got rejected, not even wait listed. Aside from feeling like utter ****, I'm just slightly confused. The averages for those admitted were GPA 3.84, AA 20, and PAT 20.

I have 3.88, 21, 17. Can someone tell me if that PAT score of 17 really hurt me, or if it was more likely the interview? The interview I thought went okay except for the last question where I botched it.

I've sent an email to their office but I was wondering if any of you guys could give me your thoughts?

Thanks, and congrats to those who got in.

Hey Ryan,

I'm sure next year will be much better for you, many people take two cracks before opening that door, so keep your head up. No, it definitely was not PAT because at that stage, DAT mean very little. Just work on your interview techniques and think through your interview and what you will do to improve next year. You'd be surprized, many applicants with 3.9+ get rejected with bad interviews...and some 3.7ish students with stellar interviews get in.

Good luck next year.

For those accepted,

Congrats, well earned! :)

For those waitlisted,

In my opinion (and personal experience in dentistry), based on last several years of data at UT, and yes the stats for 07-08 is in that ballpark for waitlist movement. Although unoffcial, the faculty will release the stats for last year 08-09 (soon I hope), it wasn't just 21 movement on the waitlist, but slightly more due to late withdrawls etc....

So if your in top 20, i'd say it's only a matter of time you get that acceptance, stay calm - easier said than done, I know :o . From positions

20+ up, it's anybody's game since we have a moving avg from year to year. As for OOP, unfortunately many OOP grab their seat and stay put.

Good luck to all.

Endeavour, have any idea how many spots usually move per year on the OOP waitlist?

I was under the impression that there is only one wait list and there is no difference for applicants OOP or in province. Hey Endeavour what year are you in?

I hope so too or else there's TWO people who are #4 wait listed ha ha

And I wonder how they decide?? Do they say "oh, OOP guy is going to UWO, time to get OOP guy waitlist #1"

i should really just give them a ring tmr morning instead of speculating ha ha

Congrats again!

My DAT had an AA of 20 and a PAT of 18

My undergrad GPA is about 3.8, and my grad school gpa is probably the same.

I did a masters in molecular genetics at U of T and have 3 publications.

I've also done lots of extra curricular stuff and U of T decorated me as such, but I only brought that up during the interview.

Hope that helps u future applicants

Hi everybody! I just got home from work and opened my e-mail and I GOT IN!!!!! I am absolutely extatic!

Congrats to all of you who got in, and those waitlisted - I'll have my fingers crossed for you! I can't wait to meet all of you guys in August!

My DAT had an AA of 20 and a PAT of 18

My undergrad GPA is about 3.8, and my grad school gpa is probably the same.

I did a masters in molecular genetics at U of T and have 3 publications.

I've also done lots of extra curricular stuff and U of T decorated me as such, but I only brought that up during the interview.

Hope that helps u future applicants

Thanks for the info mach!

just wondering, was that a 3 publications in 2 years?

Thanks for the info mach!

just wondering, was that a 3 publications in 2 years?

I published various works within my first 2 years. i'm in my 3rd year writing up now. Molecular Genetics is a long program but really intense and good for publication if you like that stuff.

Mach Buddy,

Glad to see another fellow grad student get in. I'm just writing up my Master's at McMaster just now. Looks like i'll be joining you and the rest this coming September. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!!! Best of luck to those on the waitlist.

I just called U of T and it IS confirmed that there are two different wait lists

As for which spot has priority (ie: OOP #4 or IP #4) she didn't know

I just hope that being in the top 10 means I don't have to worry and just be patient :)

Archived