Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Acceptances Are Out

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do colleagues do dental work on each other for free? I wonder if I should get a crown done now while I still have 60% coverage through work (I'm going to have to quit my job to attend UT in the fall) or if I should wait 4 years and get one of you guys to do it once we're all licensed?

Do colleagues do dental work on each other for free? I wonder if I should get a crown done now while I still have 60% coverage through work (I'm going to have to quit my job to attend UT in the fall) or if I should wait 4 years and get one of you guys to do it once we're all licensed?

Is the crown for stabilizing a tooth restored by root canal? If so, it's best to protect it with a crown ASAP (within a year) as the tooth will become brittle and more likely to chip without a crown to support it. It's best to talk to your dentist though.

Oh for sure I would return the dental favour... I'll even throw in a prescription dispensing fee discount for any drugs you need :-)

Yes, it is to stabalize a root canal I had done when I was 13 or so... My dentist said I was "playing Russian roulette" by waiting to get the crown, but I've been lucky for the last 15 years without it when I had no dental plan.

If the deadline for people who got immediate acceptance into dentistry is Apr 27, 09 and it requires a $2000 deposit (so i've heard), do you think that there's a chance for people on the wait list to get bumped up? (ie: some folks aren't going to throw down $2K)

those with multiple acceptances and the choice of having to throw down money (that is likely hard to come by going into debt for most) for sure - I think that is a good assumption.

I think you'll see more movement around the 15-20th of May after med school decisions.

Hi guys! congratulations to all accepted!

I just want to tell the waitlist students to hang in there. It takes a lot of patience but top 20 is pretty much guaranteed acceptance. I was #9 on the waitlist last year, and the waitlist movement was extremely slow last year so I got in early or mid August. I just want to tell you guys so you don't lose hope! hopefully it will move even more this year (the year before us, the waitlist moved 33 spots!)

Archived