Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Okay.... This marker dude is ignoring my e-mails for a pretty important course. It's been like this for the whole semester with him replying to only ONE of my emails, not regarding the course.

What do I do? Oh yes, and he replies to everyone else, except me. REALLY DUDE?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!!?! :rolleyes:

Honestly... WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?! I don't know my pre-exam mark.

Do you email him with a cc to the prof (make a mistake on the email address of the prof so he doesn't actually get it) so as to finally get his attention? Alternatively, just go to see him and ask, preferably when he is alone.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
???????? :eek:

?maybe that sounded harsh :)

2nd year med student with one winter to go. Western seems to have had only a couple of snow day events in the last 6 years - they are very rare.

Clerks don't get snow days - the hospital never closes. Same with residents and then doctors.

so yeah, this is it - the last snow day is tomorrow!

?maybe that sounded harsh :)

2nd year med student with one winter to go. Western seems to have had only a couple of snow day events in the last 6 years - they are very rare.

Clerks don't get snow days - the hospital never closes. Same with residents and then doctors.

so yeah, this is it - the last snow day is tomorrow!

oh - I didn't realize "snow day" was some sort of holiday! I thought "snow day" just meant a day when it snowed- hence the reaction haha

See: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2010/12/06/ontario-hospitals-auditor-general524.html

Ontario's auditor general says hospitals aren't discharging patients on time and still face overcrowding and delays in their emergency departments.

Jim McCarter says more than 50,000 patients stayed in hospital longer than necessary last year because their ongoing care couldn't be arranged.

Those patients are taking up much-needed beds that could help alleviate the long waits in hospital ERs, McCarter found.

His findings were part of his annual report on government spending in the province, released Monday.

Many emergency departments still aren't meeting the province's targets for wait times despite the $200 million in extra funding over two years that the government hoped would help reduce wait times, McCarter said in his report.

On average, emergency patients who needed to be admitted to hospital waited 10 hours for a bed, with some waiting upwards of 26 hours.

McCarter also looked at how billions of dollars in stimulus cash was spent, saying half the funds went to a small number of big projects that, in most cases, weren't shovel ready and weren't vetted properly by the government.

© The Canadian Press, 2010

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2010/12/06/ontario-hospitals-auditor-general524.html#ixzz17Whsrj8qv

Get the World of Warcraft expansion!:P
The one thing I do know when it comes to what games he likes is that he's not a WoW fan.

Okay.... This marker dude is ignoring my e-mails for a pretty important course. It's been like this for the whole semester with him replying to only ONE of my emails, not regarding the course.

What do I do? Oh yes, and he replies to everyone else, except me. REALLY DUDE?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!!?! :rolleyes:

Honestly... WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?! I don't know my pre-exam mark.

Email the prof instead of the marker person. Explain that you emailed the marker but have received no reply. That's extremely unprofessional of them.

Email the prof instead of the marker person. Explain that you emailed the marker but have received no reply. That's extremely unprofessional of them.

Yeah. I'm nice though. Don't want to get the TA into shiat since... well, long-story short, we are friends. I started not to care about my mark. Based on the calculation I'm going in with a high mark.

But I do agree that what he is doing is unprofessional. However, in a way, I know why he's doing it. So there is a 50-50 chance that the next time I see him I might say "Hard to hit a "Reply" button eh?!" just to hit a nerve and set him into place.

Wait, hold on, WHAT??? London got a snow day? WTF?!??!?! We had 40cm and counting dumped on our ass here in mtl over the past couple of days. Nothing has stopped...

London's gotten more than a metre. Chill your bones. Westerners can handle snow!

(lookin out for ma alma matter - y'all know I got your back! :P)

London's gotten more than a metre. Chill your bones. Westerners can handle snow!

(lookin out for ma alma matter - y'all know I got your back! :P)

Damnnn! :eek: If mtl got hit with a meter of snow there'd be an avalanche down the side of the mountain.

Btw law when are you free in the after next week?

All done Christmas shopping (as of yesterday). This is officially the earliest I've ever been done. I was lucky this year though- usually I'm searching for an awesome gift for my bro for forever until one jumps of the shelf for me. But like his b-day present this year, I totally lucked out :).

Been doing data analysis for 4 hours tonight. So damn busy lately. Between skating, coaching, research, studying, volunteering with skating, and everything else I have to do, I feel like I'm behind on almost everything! I definitely need to make sure I have everything done that I need to before Christmas since I'm heading out basically the next day for a little holiday :D. I really should keep working on this data entry/analysis stuff so I can get it done by Friday so it's one less thing I have to worry about, but I'm just so sleepy I might fall asleep right on my keyboard.... zzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2010/12/08/bc-surgical-tools-kamloops.html

More dirty hospital tools have been found in Kamloops, B.C., where hundreds of surgeries were cancelled earlier this year because of improperly cleaned instruments.

The Interior Health Authority has sent letters to 9,000 patients who had endoscopic procedures at Royal Inland Hospital between March 6, 2008, and July 15 of this year, warning them the scopes may not have been fully disinfected.

The agency says the risk of infection is extremely low and it's not recommending patients have any tests done, but it has set up a phone line if people have any questions.

Endoscopes are long, flexible tubes used to examine and diagnose problems in the gastrointestinal tract.

In this case, the health authority says the scopes were subject to both manual cleaning and an automated washer, but part of the scopes were not getting a high enough level of disinfection in the washer.

Just last week, a case of contaminated surgical instruments forced a delay in an operation at Royal Inland, while earlier this year about 200 surgeries were cancelled because dirty tools began showing up in operating rooms.

© The Canadian Press, 2010

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2010/12/08/bc-surgical-tools-kamloops.html#ixzz17d3RyRyw

All done Christmas shopping (as of yesterday). This is officially the earliest I've ever been done. I was lucky this year though- usually I'm searching for an awesome gift for my bro for forever until one jumps of the shelf for me. But like his b-day present this year, I totally lucked out :).

Been doing data analysis for 4 hours tonight. So damn busy lately. Between skating, coaching, research, studying, volunteering with skating, and everything else I have to do, I feel like I'm behind on almost everything! I definitely need to make sure I have everything done that I need to before Christmas since I'm heading out basically the next day for a little holiday :D. I really should keep working on this data entry/analysis stuff so I can get it done by Friday so it's one less thing I have to worry about, but I'm just so sleepy I might fall asleep right on my keyboard.... zzzzzzzzzzz

:eek: Do you mind doing my shopping as well, seeing as I haven't even started yet.

Archived