Premed 101 Forums

Whey protein supplements. Really works or placebo?

deeman101

This ever happen to anybody? I was working out today, well-hydrated and well-rested, and everytime I would start pushing myself, I'd get a pounding headache in the front of my head (i.e. doing the last pull-up of a set). I'd get dizzy and the headache would subside a little with some rest but it was consistently occuring. I had to take tylenol to stop it, which worked.

Wow, that hasn't happened to me. I get headrushes sometimes when I'm deadlifting or doing squats, but those subside after a little bit. If it's not a recurring thing I'd probably not worry about it. Is that the first time that's happened to you?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, that hasn't happened to me. I get headrushes sometimes when I'm deadlifting or doing squats, but those subside after a little bit. If it's not a recurring thing I'd probably not worry about it. Is that the first time that's happened to you?

First time was on Sunday. I dunno. I chalked that up to taking two weeks off from the gym (reading week and flu). Did HIIT yesterday (got my heart rate up up pretty high) and no head ache. I did manage to increase my pull-up max by two since I took the break; I think it might be a combination of the break and increased muscle activity.

Dear God. I did terribly during HIIT yesterday. My endurance is all GONE!!! lol.

That's what I get for not doing cardio for six months. I suppose it doesn't help either that my diet the last 2 months has been GARBAGE! lol. Haha. I've let myself go for too long, TIME TO GET back into olympic form! The olympics and spring like sunny weather have inspired me haha.

Dear God. I did terribly during HIIT yesterday. My endurance is all GONE!!! lol.

That's what I get for not doing cardio for six months. I suppose it doesn't help either that my diet the last 2 months has been GARBAGE! lol. Haha. I've let myself go for too long, TIME TO GET back into olympic form! The olympics and spring like sunny weather have inspired me haha.

I know what you mean. The first two weeks of starting out are always the hardest and most depressing, at least for me.

Let's not forget the nausea... HIIT gets me nauseous, which subsides as I train more.

I've never been a nauseous runner, but I do start to get mind-numblingly dizzy after long periods of cardio (at least when I'm starting off, again). The worst is that my thirst suddenly disappears, but I know I'm dehydrated so I have to force myself to drink.

blind synergy: You sound frail. :P

So today I hit the gym after 3 weeks of recovering/laziness. I expected to be totally crap at everything. I was only half right. I managed to match my previous record of 165lb clean & press. And that was in the summer when I was really on it. I didn't realize how bad my technique was until I tried something different today. Best of all no effed up shoulder ligament pains!!!!! 185lbs, watch out, I'm gonna throw you sky high reaaalll soon! :D

In other news my body fat %age is, erm, unfavourable. I'll fix that, after I end undergrad.

blind synergy: You sound frail. :P

So today I hit the gym after 3 weeks of recovering/laziness. I expected to be totally crap at everything. I was only half right. I managed to match my previous record of 165lb clean & press. And that was in the summer when I was really on it. I didn't realize how bad my technique was until I tried something different today. Best of all no effed up shoulder ligament pains!!!!! 185lbs, watch out, I'm gonna throw you sky high reaaalll soon! :D

In other news my body fat %age is, erm, unfavourable. I'll fix that, after I end undergrad.

What do you mean frail?

why do you do clean and press for?

Because I like to build explosiveness and core strength. I don't work out to look buff or shredded. Its just a nice feeling to know I'm that strong. Like knowing I can run the 100m in 11 seconds (I can't but I'm just saying). As long as I don't have chunks of fat hanging off me I'm happy.

What do you mean frail?

Your body ain't bulletproof. :P

• 3 weeks later...
That doesn't seem like that intense of a routine. I'm surprised she's so ripped.

I doubt she does her actual routine in that top though. Doing anything more strenuous would cause her boobs to come flying right on out of that skimpy little thing, although the boob job does cause less jiggle, so you never know.

I doubt she does her actual routine in that top though. Doing anything more strenuous would cause her boobs to come flying right on out of that skimpy little thing, although the boob job does cause less jiggle, so you never know.

Did you watch up until the point where she slips her interval timer right between the twins?

Did you watch up until the point where she slips her interval timer right between the twins?

No, I only watched the first 30 seconds or so. I don't own kettlebells and my boobs are real, so none of what she was doing would have helped me out any :P

I really need to start lifting and intervals again. I got busy and stressed over the winter and have lost most of the gains I made last year :mad: Perhaps I will start New Rules of Lifting for Women at the beginning again. Add to that the fact that I really need a kick in the pants for what I've been eating lately and you have a perfect recipe for flabby Andrea :(

How come I suspect the majority of those 942 five-star ratings are all men?

Didn't watch the whole video but is swinging weights like that beneficial?

Doesn't that minimize muscle work? I know I swing when I do biceps curls when I get tired and can't do anymore reps ;)

God. I'm so annoyed. I've been having bicep pain since December. Ultrasound shows inflammation of my tendons and fluid build up. My doctor has been giving me anti-inflammatory pills, and if it doesn't get better she wants to refer me to a rheumatologist to consider getting a cortisone injection. It's so frustrating, I've had to really tone down some of my workouts (and even eliminate some of the exercises) because of the pain.

God. I'm so annoyed. I've been having bicep pain since December. Ultrasound shows inflammation of my tendons and fluid build up. My doctor has been giving me anti-inflammatory pills, and if it doesn't get better she wants to refer me to a rheumatologist to consider getting a cortisone injection. It's so frustrating, I've had to really tone down some of my workouts (and even eliminate some of the exercises) because of the pain.

That sucks, man. Getting injured, especially in the upper body, can be such a setback.

Hey, lower body injuries suck too. My knee is blown out and I have to walk on it everyday. Thats hard! Harder still since my hip is starting blow out on the same side too.

You can still do benches and pull-ups and curls and skullcrushers and a bunch of other stuff though. No squats/deadlifts, which is rough, but you have options available. I had a type 2 separation of my right AC joint following a fight, and what was available to me after that? Using a leg press machine?

Archived