Premed 101 Forums

Wait list moving

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, I read that message earlier and it didnt stick. Good to know she will leave a message. I thought they would send out a wave of waitlist like they did on may 15th but a manual process would be lengthy. Might hear tomorrow or friday still. Well we have become good at waiting, what is a couple more sleepless nights.

lets hope that since they have been slow to react thus far that they are continuing to le slow. maybe she wants to pace herself. she probably has other things to do on top of calling ppl like us. so lets hope there are more to come tomorrow. at my short count there was only one from this forum from eng stream. hopefully that rate picks up too!

Ok, let's say there's room for 30 ppl and she called the first 30 ppl today. Let's say only 10 of those ppl answered the call/email and accepted. The rest have to call her back and have x amount of days to accept. She can't continue going down the list until she gets a definite response (which may or may not incl deposit). But since many are on summer jobs/away, response time is slowed down again. I imagine that everything has to be recorded, which again slows down the process. When ppl call to ask questions, it takes time away, and she surely has other admin responsibilities (i.e. meetings, reports, etc) which also slows down the process. I hope this makes you feel better and not worse. But looking at it from her perspective helps.

so, I got an email and a call telling me to call chantal asap, but the office is now closed. just wondering, what others got in their emails? Was it specific to being next on the waiting list or did it just say to call her back?

I think my wgpa was 3.91. I got the email at 2 pm, don't know what time they called my house or my disconnected cell phone number. I'm in the English stream. BUT, my pessimisstic side cannot accept that it was for waitlist since she just said to call her back and did not give any details. I guess i'll just have to cross my fingers and wait until tomorrow morning to speak to her.

Archived