Premed 101 Forums

Clinical Experience which will leave a lasting impression on you...

DrEvil

Hey everyone,

I am about to enter medical school this year and want to let you know of an experience which was huge for my medical application and interview success.

I volunteered with Paul, a quadriplegic in the Ottawa region. If you are interested in gaining some hands-on experience, please private message me. I would love to help you hungry pre-meds, pre-dents, pre-pharms, etc out.

There will be a few openings coming up in the next few weeks and a couple of openings for long-term volunteers.

Look forward to hearing from ya!!!

Evil :D

Its sad though that it takes med school to most make people volunteer. I've always liked volunteering for the satisfaction I get out of it. It's crazy retarded when I go to the hospitals to volunteer and I see some 19-20 year olds sitting on chairs texting for 20 minutes while they're supposed to be doing their duties.

Hey everyone,

Great to see so much interest. Yes, I will be leaving Paul because I will no longer be in Ottawa. If I was still here, I would certainly continue. I've volunteered with the blind, burn survivors, and developmentally disabled, but working with Paul has given another dimension of maturity which I find has helped me tremendously.

He has give me a new perspective on life. Paul fights to survive everyday, whereas, our stresses (even as Pre-meders :P ) are much more insignificant.

Evil :D

• 2 weeks later...
Its sad though that it takes med school to most make people volunteer. I've always liked volunteering for the satisfaction I get out of it. It's crazy retarded when I go to the hospitals to volunteer and I see some 19-20 year olds sitting on chairs texting for 20 minutes while they're supposed to be doing their duties.

I concur. (10 characters)

Archived