Premed 101 Forums

2010 Interview Discussion

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is parking along the street that leads up to the CEC but it's very limited and fills up quick...

For underground paid parking...

http://www.queensu.ca/campusmap/

It's on Stuart street near the corner of stuart and university ave.

Depending on the weather and where you're staying though (if you're staying overnight) it's about a 10 minute walk from most of the hotels downtown if that.

Anyone have any idea how many total acceptances they gave last year? Obviously its a bit bigger than the class total (100) as people decline acceptances.

Also, any ideas how much the interview is worth once you get to the interview stage? Is it a level playing field or is GPA/personal sketch still a big factor?

Anyone have any idea how many total acceptances they gave last year? Obviously its a bit bigger than the class total (100) as people decline acceptances.

Also, any ideas how much the interview is worth once you get to the interview stage? Is it a level playing field or is GPA/personal sketch still a big factor?

I seem to remember reading that the interview + reference letters are all that is looked at once an interview has been earned, so I don't think GPA is even looked at post-interview.

one of the med students i was talking to said it was 50% interview, and 50% most recent 2 yrs gpa with mcat as a "tiebreaker." may not be the most reliable source though...

this one med student i talked to said it was totally random and the whole admissions process and interview is a sham.

i think she is a reliable source however

...idiot

This is really only the information we have regarding the post-interview weighting:

"Applicants are assessed in sequential steps. The first steps are based on academic requirements - the GPA and MCAT scores. Applicants who successfully make these cuts are invited for an interview and their academic marks are no longer considered in the admission process. Those applicants are then assessed based on personal experiences and personal characteristics through an interview."

So we know that marks (and probably GPA) are no longer a factor post-interview. However, we do not know if the character assessment is based purely on the interview or is also based on the applications and LoR (I'm really hoping that all 3 are used).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived