Premed 101 Forums

2010 Interview Discussion

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is anyone else feeling the adrenaline kicking in or is it just me?...hoping for good news tomorrow! good luck to everyone!

do you think the time you get notified has partially to do with when your references got in. for example, one of my references got lost in the mail and had to be re-sent in November, does that mean I will be notified later?

thanks,my heart rate was rising....I Thought he meant one year of physics which I do not have but have a year plus of physical sciences...ahh..relief...so kind of you to clairify...so neurotic I went to queens website to check..

physical sciences (eg. general chemistry, geology, organic chemistry, physics);

you'd think they could have at least started in january after the holidays eh? not only are we going to be completely obsessed from now until the 22nd, but if they close the office for a few days for christmas or something, we're all going to be pulling out our hair.

Keep in mind that some ppl may have applied without considering the pre-requisite courses.

I already know someone that applied without the one full-year physical sciences requirement.

So these individuals would be rejected despite possibly meeting the cut-offs.

Exactly :) Some also decide to pursue grad studies first -a lot of 4th thesis courses start in the fall and get going AFTER the app is due. Some people just find an solid interest in some field and decide to hold out for awhile.

I think we even had at least one unresolvable interview conflict last year as well - someone was interviewing just everywhere is a bunch of professional programs (not just medicine).

I didn't think responses would be sent at midnight, but I had to check anyway....

Going to obsess over this...

That's exactly why I hate rolling admissions :) All the stress etc is a diversion from doing actual things important to improve your chances. It is only natural but so draining.

It's 10:45am and I haven't got an email. Silent rejection!

lol. But really, I don't have a problem with the rolling interview emails. What I know will bug me is when I see people post here with their interview/rejection information and, knowing my luck, I'll be waiting until the very last possible day to hear back. Oh well, that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Good luck to everyone!

Hello Fellow Forumers

I thought I'd make a preemptive attempt to organize efforts to decipher Queen's cutoffs this year.

Since they'll be sending them out as early as Wednesday and for nearly a month after that, if all those those that have received invites or regrets could come here, if they feel comfortable doing so, and report:

1) Invited or rejected

2) G.P.A. and whether you were using your cGPA or most recent 2 year GPA.

3) MCAT is the order of PS/VR/BS/WS

4) Undergrad or Graduate student.

Hopefully, we can deduce the cutoffs earlier on, and save many people who may not be invited until late January some potential anxiety and inbox checking.

Best of luck everyone!

Haha not a word yet, and 30 people viewing the Queen's forum... seeing how this thread has slowly floated away from it's initial purpose I figured I'd quote the initial post to make sure everyone knows what's going on.

I said it before and I'll say it again, good luck everyone.

Archived