Premed 101 Forums

2010 Interview Discussion

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

What do you think my chances of an interview are? I just finished my degree in April and I've been traveling/researching/volunteering this year. I'm stressing out.

cGPA: 3.5

Last 60: 3.87

MCAT: 10-Physical, 11-verbal, 12-Bio, S-writting. 33S

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Hey guys,

What do you think my chances of an interview are? I just finished my degree in April and I've been traveling/researching/volunteering this year. I'm stressing out.

cGPA: 3.5

Last 60: 3.87

MCAT: 10-Physical, 11-verbal, 12-Bio, S-writting. 33S

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

That last 60 is the same as last two years isn't it? If so it would appear you met this years cut offs and should eventually get an interview(?)

I'd rather hope miracles happen :D

That post came off as pretty blunt, but that's how these hard cutoff schools tend to be.

If it's any consolation, plenty of numerically-excellent candidates (e.g. 4.0 GPA/36+ MCAT) are being denied.

What are you counting on, VR <10?

That post came off as pretty blunt, but that's how these hard cutoff schools tend to be.

If it's any consolation, plenty of numerically-excellent candidates (e.g. 4.0 GPA/36+ MCAT) are being denied.

What are you counting on, VR <10?

I am not having any false hopes, but miracles do happen like last year's interview waitlist.

what was in the email? does everyone get it or only those who heard from queen's regarding the interview?

I haven't got it and have yet to hear from queen's so far, however, I would make a strong guess that it was to correct the discrepancy regarding the dates.

So it probably only went to those that were invited so far.

I haven't got it and have yet to hear from queen's so far, however, I would make a strong guess that it was to correct the discrepancy regarding the dates.

So it probably only went to those that were invited so far.

Yeah, you're right supafield

The e-mail essentially said there was an error in the interview invite received dec 24th (I guess this is variable based on who received it on what date), and that the real interview dates are slotted for the saturday and sunday march 6th and 7th respectively, and sat and sun march 27th and 28th respectively.

HTH

Someone invited with a 3.65 cGPA/3.70 2 year....

Gives hopes to some people hoping for some GPA luck....

Also a 12/9/14/ T rejected.... which may suggest a little more evidence against the idea of an interview waitlist that was sketchily suggested earlier.

and yet calling out a troll is not allowed it seems....anyhow, nice to see you now think it was sketchy.

Do you all think the cGPA cut-off is 3.65 (or below), or the 2-year GPA cut-off is 3.7 (or below)? Then again, she said she thought her 2-year was 3.7... it might be higher.

This gives me some hope as my cGPA is right on the cusp! Although, it is a bit ironic that people like me with sub-par GPAs are getting invites over people with monster stats but a 9 in verbal :P There are schools for every applicant, I suppose!

Although it may seem otherwise, I doubt the GPA cutoff for undergraduate applicants (whether cumulative or adjusted) is below 3.70, based on past trends from previous cycles.

Although it may seem otherwise, I doubt the GPA cutoff for undergraduate applicants (whether cumulative or adjusted) is below 3.70, based on past trends from previous cycles.

When they used to post them, the cGPA never got above 3.68 and in 07/08 law got an interview with a 3.69 cGPA.....

Since they've stopped posting cutoffs its hard to tell whether they still make the 2 year gpa higher than the cGPA but it's not too far fetched to consider the cGPA could be 3.65 and the 2 yr GPA 3.75 (someone got an interview with a 3.74 2 year last year) or it's also possible they could both be set at 3.7....

These are just arbitrary numbers I'm throwing out, but I wouldn't rule out a cGPA cutoff a little below 3.7.

When they used to post them, the cGPA never got above 3.68 and in 07/08 law got an interview with a 3.69 cGPA.....

Since they've stopped posting cutoffs its hard to tell whether they still make the 2 year gpa higher than the cGPA but it's not too far fetched to consider the cGPA could be 3.65 and the 2 yr GPA 3.75 (someone got an interview with a 3.74 2 year last year) or it's also possible they could both be set at 3.7....

These are just arbitrary numbers I'm throwing out, but I wouldn't rule out a cGPA cutoff a little below 3.7.

For September 2007 entry, the academic cutoffs were:

3.68 cGPA/3.78 wGPA

MCAT=30P (10/10/10)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was just thinking that the cutoffs have surely increased since Sept '07.

Then again the increased MCAT cutoff (i.e. WS=R) may have trimmed the applicant pool sufficiently to accomodate lower GPAs.

Hi all!

Maybe someone can answer my question, although I think I can probably answer it myself. Queens only considers your masters if you are in the last year of it correct? Because when I was applying, it would not let me enter any marks unless I was completing the program this year.

Also, as to the suggestion racism with respect to the WS-R cut-off, that is absolutely ridiculous. It is completely a communication issue. Also, as someone who takes gross anatomy with the first year meds students here at Queens, I can say that the class is highly variable both in race and age.

Good luck to all!

Hi all!

Maybe someone can answer my question, although I think I can probably answer it myself. Queens only considers your masters if you are in the last year of it correct? Because when I was applying, it would not let me enter any marks unless I was completing the program this year.

Also, as to the suggestion racism with respect to the WS-R cut-off, that is absolutely ridiculous. It is completely a communication issue. Also, as someone who takes gross anatomy with the first year meds students here at Queens, I can say that the class is highly variable both in race and age.

Good luck to all!

Assessment of graduate students at Queen's:

http://meds.queensu.ca/undergraduate/prospective_students/graduate_students

FYI

Heard through the grapevine.

Just over 500 interviews this year and no writing assignment at the interview.

id be careful about the grapevine talk. i dont beleive anything unless its from the adcoms. previously, it was posted the grapevine said same amount of interviews last year. if you search, you'll find that thread. IT makes sense, but i just dont put alot of stock in unofficial talk.

Archived