Premed 101 Forums

2010 Interview Discussion

FYI

Heard through the grapevine.

Just over 500 interviews this year and no writing assignment at the interview.

+1

I believe this number.

Given the VR=10+WS=R cutoff, it seems very unlikely that Queen's is interviewing ~800 applicants.

As far as the on-site writing sample, that doesn't surprise me either.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
first MCAt - Aug 25, 2009. VR - 09, BS - 11, PS - 14, R

Second MCAT - Sept 3, 2009. VR - 11, BS - 13, PS - 11, Q

These tests were taken 8 days apart. Look at the variability of this standardized test. Talk about a tough go - missed cuts by 1 pt on each exam. Pretty ticked about the WS score as well.....alot of weight on one single subjective component. I'm also a grad student so hopefully this quashed the talk about any leniency for grads. In the stats thread, I saw other grads who were cut just for the Q.

Well your first score would have got you neither uwo or queens, but the second got you uwo. That's not bad. Good luck.

thanks. but my gpa kept me out of UWO so couldn't apply (that's why Queens was big for me - graduate review).

Sv3

Did you ever think abut having your WS regraded? For $50, I'd do it. Even if the probability is low that your grade will change, it would mean all the difference in the world.

Did you ever think abut having your WS regraded? For $50, I'd do it. Even if the probability is low that your grade will change, it would mean all the difference in the world.

I did challenge the Q...I had a bad feeling it would be R this year....but alas, it stayed at Q. Unfortunately I missed by one point on both my MCATs. I have a feeling Queens will keep the R next year too but i won't re-write the MCAT.

So a 3.69 cGPA makes the cut then. Wonder what chance I have with a 3.62 :P

OP didn't post their Queen's (last two-year) GPA, so that may have been factored into interview offer, not necessarily the OMSAS GPA.

Although, a cGPA=3.69 may indeed meet the cGPA cutoff at Queen's.

no written interview? cool. 500 appllicatns would be a significant imporvement to the over 700 last year (what was the point in even going to that last year, except you cant' not go since you got one)

The improvement in post-interview odds is more significant than you think: the interview number last year was closer to 800 than it was to 700!

Just received an interview invite!

"you have successfully met our requirements for an interview in March 2010."

Interviews are being held on March 7, 8, 28, and 29.

interview booking system is available beginning February 1st, 8:00 am (EST) and will close on February 7th, 11:59 pm (EST).

Stats: 3.8, 10/11/12/R

edit: oh snap, am I the first? I guess it's set at R....

What the hell is the difference betwweeen r and q?

• 1 month later...

Archived