Premed 101 Forums

How did everyone do on UofT interview today?

Hey cdndent I feel your pain, you just described the exact situation I'm in! Good to know I'm not alone but FML, I can't focus on exams and I have 1 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday and 1 on Weds :(

I sort of hope UofT would release it on Friday, so it either banishes my hopes and I buckle down to work or I'm super happy at getting in and don't have to freak about my marks so much :(

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey cdndent I feel your pain, you just described the exact situation I'm in! Good to know I'm not alone but FML, I can't focus on exams and I have 1 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday and 1 on Weds :(

I sort of hope UofT would release it on Friday, so it either banishes my hopes and I buckle down to work or I'm super happy at getting in and don't have to freak about my marks so much :(

I hear ya, i too hope they release it on Friday... i just wanna know if i'm in or not damnittt! lol

But b/c I want it to be released Fri, it's prob going to be released Monday :(

Good luck @ UWO this weekend and best of luck on all your exams!

If ur GPA is above 3.85 and DAT also around 21 then u really only need to do "average" to get in...;)

Do you mean 3.95??? (although i hope you really did mean 3.85 :rolleyes: )

Isn't 3.85 the minimum GPA to get an interview??? meaning everyone will have at least 3.85? :confused:

Do you mean 3.95??? (although i hope you really did mean 3.85 :rolleyes: )

Isn't 3.85 the minimum GPA to get an interview??? meaning everyone will have at least 3.85? :confused:

well according to the rejection letter they sent out, 3.85 was the average of the interviewees...

i'm sure some ppl with lower than this got an interview...

it's just...hard to find them on this forum? hopefully...haha

hmm good point, but there seems to be a mixture of opinions on how UofT calculates grad students GPA. If they place them in a separte group yet still calculates GPA based on their undergrad GPA then I guess your argument would be correct. If they use Grad GPA then i think they would actually raise the GPA no? haha

A few of my friends are in dentistry out west. But I've heard that at UofT, it is actually relatively easy to get in if you're a grad student - effective undergrad GPA cutoffs are lower (mainly because the easy to get 3.9-4.0 grad gpa is counted).

For those directly from undergrad...i think the marks required are quite a bit higher - almost analagous to UofT's medical school.

About 35-40% of UofT's denral class have masters or phds.

Well I am a bit below 3.85 (I don't know exactly though) and I don't have grad degree and I got an interview. So 3.85 is not the cut-off. But I am quite a bit above the 21 for DAT if that makes a difference. I don't know what to think of the interview anymore...I don't think anybody can tell you for sure how this admissions process works. Like, do they rank people and assign them percentiles or do they just use raw scores (I doubt that b/c with everybody being so identical, wouldn't that result in huge numbers of ppl with the same overall scores)? It's all a mystery!

well the absolute minimum for interviews have always been 3.75 and ive seen people getting in with scores like 17-18 in both AA and PAT (had high GPA though).

there will always be some 4.0s and 3.75s, but once u got an interview, i just know that the interview has the most influential power to ur acceptance. and...since it's hard to tell how ur interviews went, we can only pray!!! omg! the wait is killing me...i've been slackin too much this semester thinking about this, and there is no way going back now...i'm so screwed if i don't get in...hahaha

Haha..thanks for dissing grad students like myself! lmao. High grad gpas are not THAT easy to get. I'd say if your undergrad is 3.7..then your grad gpa migh tbe around 3.8. It also varies hugely with what program you take and what school you are in. Plus, in most research based grad programs you only do 3 or 4 courses max!! How much that counts is really a mystery.

I personally do know a few grads who applied and either a) did not get an interview (i know 2 this year) or B) did not get in after the interview (one last year). The guy who got the interview had a gpa of 3.7ish i think, but it seems to me that grad students are ranked amongst themselves..perhaps some sort of normalization is done so that at the end, if a grad student ranks first amongst his group and an undergrad is second among their respective group..then when joining the two the ranks would remain the same perhaps. Its just a guess....but long story short..our advantage is that we might have less competition amongst grad students which makes it easier for us. That being said, i met 4 grad students who interviewed at UoT so far and they all have incredible grad gpas (much higher than mine)..so the competition there might be getting intense as well and with more grad applicants, competition might just be the same as for undergrads!

I almost wish I had exams to prepare for so I can STOP being NEUROTIC and stop obsessing about everything and nothing at the same time, all the time. Sigh.

you don't have any exams to study for???? LUCKY YOU!!

please chibichibi, you do NOT want exams on top of this anxiety.....seriously lol

I feel for you guys, I was in your spot last year. Unfortunately, I think you guys may have to wait another week if the trend continues. Just for a little tease, here's the letter you can expect if you get in.

oh dear gawddd, i canNOT survive another week of this!!!!!!!

Seriously I wish I had $$$$$$ to go shopping and forget about this...obsess about shoes and clothes and the like rather than this stupid thing...maybe I should be glad I am penniless right now :(

i just realized u have a 40 in MCAT......:eek: why...rn't u in Wash U in St Louis Med already?

Archived