Read-22

Bio-20

Chem-18

Science-19

AA-20

PAT-23

Carve-17

Helpful insight anyone?

I'm only in my second year at UofA in Edmonton. I'm not super unhappy with these scores, just always hoping for better. Right now my GPA is around 3.8 and we'll see how the rest of the year plays out for me. I don't have any dental school specifically in mind, but would appreciate any help or suggestions.

I'm thinking I should probably rewrite, considering that I have a couple more years ahead of me before I apply probably.

Stupid question- When you write multiple DATs, do they take your highest or most recent scores?

Just a warning ppl... If u thought u did okay n came on this forum and saw these monsterous scores n u were super discouraged, dont be. Remember ur gpa is the most important for canadian schools and seriously if u scored around 20+ across most sections i think thats competitive n u ll get an interview if ur gpa is okay. Then its all upto ur interview so dont wry tooo much!!! Seriously these scores ppl have been posting is near 100th percentiles...

Read-22

Bio-20

Chem-18

Science-19

AA-20

PAT-23

Carve-17

Helpful insight anyone?

I'm only in my second year at UofA in Edmonton. I'm not super unhappy with these scores, just always hoping for better. Right now my GPA is around 3.8 and we'll see how the rest of the year plays out for me. I don't have any dental school specifically in mind, but would appreciate any help or suggestions.

I'm thinking I should probably rewrite, considering that I have a couple more years ahead of me before I apply probably.

Stupid question- When you write multiple DATs, do they take your highest or most recent scores?

Um it depends on school... So u should chck each schools website ex uwo take recent uoft takes best

Read-22

Bio-20

Chem-18

Science-19

AA-20

PAT-23

Carve-17

Helpful insight anyone?

I agree with Dr Pepper. Canadian schools usually put more weight on GPA, BUT!! There are also schools like UBC, where they kinda expect you to have done fairly well on the DAT, and couple that with a good GPA.

Some schools like to focus on the science section of the DAT, and others on the PAT and Carving sections. You have plenty of time so just do some research and get all the stats together. Then compare.

And in regards to writing multiple DATs, every school differs. Some take the highest, some like to see how you did on your most recent. So it all depends.

RC 21

BIO 15

CHEM 13

PAT 21

CARV 30

My sciences are low because i was only considering u of a.. do you guys think i should retake in November ?

I wouldn't rewrite for U of A. They don't care about the sciences AT ALL, so with scores like those you have very little room for improvement. And as for "losing carving skills", I wrote a 24 last time for carving and thought that it went even better this time so I was hoping for a 26ish, and I got a 20. So it is very possible to measure incorrectly and be a mm to big and all the sudden your 30 is gone. I wouldn't rewrite for U of A but that's just my opinion.

Archived