Premed 101 Forums

American Applications 2010 General Discussion

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wooo! Did they tell you via email or status update on the website?

Also, mind saying when you were complete?

Am I missing something here? Pre-interview hold is pretty much a rejection down the road (according to SDN) so I'm not sure about the "Wooo!".

Law -> got the same today too.

ps: thirt6ix dude, it would be nice of you to share your date of completion at BU (unless I'm missing it somewhere)

So for the people who were put on pre-interview hold at SUNY, did your status go missing for a while before being changed to that? My status has disappeared sometime in the last week..probably just means i'm being reviewed?

I can still see my SUNY and I'm on hold... alors, maybe you are alive my friend! alive! :)

I submitted my secondary for U Penn and haven't heard from other universities to complete secondary.

I got U chicago app, but I don't plan to apply anymore. (essay is too long, I was stressed with UT and the fact that all the scholarship, and research talk on Oct 15th, lab meeting and etc with push for result doesn't help much either)

The thing is I have been really stressing importance of time with this application and I still don't have 3 letters (6 letters total).

And funny enough, 2 letters that haven't come are from my department. I feel very loved. I mean, a very busy cardiologist even had a heart to write me a letter when I explained the situation.

It's been more than a month of waiting and since in the same department, I reminded them in e-mail and in person. Still nothing....

I guess without reference letter, it's not considered 'complete'.

what do you think how much chance I have? I mean I'm already 'impaired' with being Canadian.

I submitted my secondary for U Penn and haven't heard from other universities to complete secondary.

I got U chicago app, but I don't plan to apply anymore. (essay is too long, I was stressed with UT and the fact that all the scholarship, and research talk on Oct 15th, lab meeting and etc with push for result doesn't help much either)

The thing is I have been really stressing importance of time with this application and I still don't have 3 letters (6 letters total).

And funny enough, 2 letters that haven't come are from my department. I feel very loved. I mean, a very busy cardiologist even had a heart to write me a letter when I explained the situation.

It's been more than a month of waiting and since in the same department, I reminded them in e-mail and in person. Still nothing....

I guess without reference letter, it's not considered 'complete'.

what do you think how much chance I have? I mean I'm already 'impaired' with being Canadian.

Hopefully you didn't make the mistake of assigning letters to schools before they actually showed up in your AMCAS. Schools don't usually have the requirement of having references in before issuing secondaries. Just hold tight. The secondaries will come soon as long as you didn't over estimate your chances and apply to only elite schools.

I was just reading over my secondary essay for G-town where I am interviewing tomorrow. I have thise whole paragraph where I discuss their curriculum and how I like it, and name particular courses. I was going over their website and now I realize the stuff I wrote in that paragraph is on GWU's curriculum!!!looool... I don't know between doing 25 secondaries I've gotten the two confused or something! it's really strange cuz the rest is fine and G-town specific. I guess they've missed the prg when they decided to give me an interview, cuz I'm sure they'd be thinking wth is this person talking about!:D hope my interviewer won't notice tomorrow!:cool:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do it mlbn!! Trust me, you got this!

Hey you guys,

For the Biography it sections it asks how many dependents do you have?

I put 0...because there basically asking us if WE support anyone right?

Was just a bit confused with that one. I sure as am not supporting anyone financially. I would appreciate any clarification. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived