Premed 101 Forums

American Applications 2010 General Discussion

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone been marked complete at Penn State yet? I submitted 8/3 and the status says "Our records indicate that your Secondary Application has been received, but it has not been determined whether your application is complete or not at this time. Once that determination has been made, you will be notified via email."

Should I call them to double check? Or is everyone else incomplete too?

Has anyone been marked complete at Penn State yet? I submitted 8/3 and the status says "Our records indicate that your Secondary Application has been received, but it has not been determined whether your application is complete or not at this time. Once that determination has been made, you will be notified via email."

Should I call them to double check? Or is everyone else incomplete too?

Submitted 8/4 and same message (just checked). No worries Law, just a long process :). I've just now been confirmed as complete at RFU...~2 weeks after successful receipt of my secondary there, LOL.

Submitted 8/4 and same message (just checked). No worries Law, just a long process :). I've just now been confirmed as complete at RFU...~2 weeks after successful receipt of my secondary there, LOL.

I got confirmed as complete at RFU today too! *high five*

They will verify your application first, then after it's been verified, a GPA will be in the "print application" pdf file in the GPA section.

Thanks boss!

Hoping to submit primary within 1-2 days now,

Applying to:

Mt Sinai

UPenn

Columbia University

SUNY Upstate

Dartmouth

George Washington Uni

:)

Rejected from Case. I checked my status page and there it was! no email no nothing. oh well..one can only move on:rolleyes:

I feel your pain! I checked my Case status page after I read your post and my rejection was there too :(

Rejected from case too. Ugh. Come on, at least one of us has to survive!

Sorry to hear that guys :(. AFAIK I have yet to be rejected so technically still alive...although I was complete as late as 8/10 (although their site shows 8/4 even though my new scores weren't in until later) so that is probably why.

Thanks boss!

Hoping to submit primary within 1-2 days now,

Applying to:

Mt Sinai

UPenn

Columbia University

SUNY Upstate

Dartmouth

George Washington Uni

:)

Good luck! You should apply to more too! Lots of other schools that take Canadians. :)

Sorry to hear that guys :(. AFAIK I have yet to be rejected so technically still alive...although I was complete as late as 8/10 (although their site shows 8/4 even though my new scores weren't in until later) so that is probably why.

Who knows, as long as the rejection letter ain't there... then you're ALIVE! :D

I just got an e-mail from Boston U (AH, one of my top choices!! lol) saying:

It has been 30 days since we sent you a notice indicating that your application was complete and had been referred to our Committee on Admissions for review. While our Committee is accustomed to reviewing a very large volume of applications, this year we have seen an unprecedented number of applications that have been completed early in the cycle. It appears that we will be able to interview only about 10% of our applicants this year, so these reviews are quite challenging. As a result, we are running several weeks behind.

I regret the fact that we have not been able to take action on your application as yet, but I want to assure you that we are moving as quickly as we can and that there will be no penalty for the delay in our processing. Applicants who are selected for interview are invited in chronological order by date of application completion, not by date of review. If our Committee on Admissions concludes that we can invite you for an interview and campus visit, we will get it done!

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused by our extended review of your file. We expect to complete our evaluation quite soon, and wish you success with all your applications.

Finally be forwarded for review at MSU...submitted 7/16, complete 8/19. I'm pretty sure that's the longest any of my schools has taken. I dont remember them taking over a month last year when I applied...must be seriously swamped.

I got fwd'ed too! About time...

Hey guys,

I have mid 3.94 GPA and have 31R (9VR) MCAT score.

I am a Canadian with US citizenship. Does anyone know which schools I will be competitive? Do I stand a chance at any great schools, like Cornell or Columbia?

Thanks!

Your GPA is competitive, but the average MCAT for those two schools is around 34-35ish, but there will be some people below and above these scores, so you have a chance. I guess it depends on your extracurriculars and essays. Those schools usually want you to do something extraordinary if you lack in test scores. With your stats you could probably get into some state schools, and not as competitive schools.

So here I am w/ all secondaries complete except never having received JHU. I figured I had been pre-screened (due to my new MCAT which, unlike the old one, is below their 10th percentile accepted). Now I have absolutely no expectations but had asked my French history professor for a reference letter specifically for this school a while back, so I figured I would apply regardless.

*Finally* realized that JHU does not pre-screen and went on their website (got my cue from SDN) and completed the secondary. Officially done all secondaries now...unless I have some luck my way from either UMinn or Vandy :) .

Archived