Premed 101 Forums

American Applications 2010 General Discussion

Holy ****. I just got an email from the director of admissions at UCSD. He said they are "interested" in my application and before they can make a decision whether to interview me, would like a copy of my permanent resident card.

I am praying to god this means an interview. UCSD is practically my top choice. AHHH!!!

good luck!!

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, I'm so late to the game. Do I stand a chance at all? Just started my AMCAS applications. It's going to take two weeks for all of my references to get in order...

A little late bud, but it depends on your stats. Some schools send out auto-interviews and if you stellar credentials...then you may still get an interview as soon as you turn in you primary. But Hurry! :)

Received the "it's been a month since your application to BU" email. From SDN, it seems like it means I survived the first round of rejections....I'd kill for a chance to interview there, probably no chance though :rolleyes:

++.

In other news, just received a no-go from Mayo pre-LOR (fee paid 8/12). First rejection of the cycle. Fingers crossed for better news in the coming weeks.

Bummer! I'm sure you'll hear good news from other schools soon :)

Also, I think its ridiculous that I still don't have a date for my Kentucky interview:confused: It's been slightly over two weeks, I've left a message on their phone, and also sent an email to the applicant processing person...I'm worried if it takes to long to make the date official, they'll just reconsider and take the interview back:cool:

Thanks I hope so too!

That is ridiculous actually...weird :S. LOL "after further reconsideration x100 we are considering rescinding your interview...JOKING...we were just playing it cool, here is your interview date -> *insert date*"

I'm sure you'll hear back soon though. If you have an interview offer it's just a matter of time before you get a date. Why they are taking that long, no clue.

GGG, sorry to hear about Mayo. Their loss though!

Received the "it's been a month since your application to BU" email. From SDN, it seems like it means I survived the first round of rejections....I'd kill for a chance to interview there, probably no chance though :rolleyes:

*high five*

Hey guys and gals,

Just want to wish you all good luck this cycle. I'm a Canadian who did my undergrad in the States to play NCAA baseball. Applied last year and had a few American interviews (Wayne, Loma Linda) but got only a rejection and a waitlist that never worked out. Got my AMCAS in early this year and all my secondaries done in August. So far all I've got for news is a rejection from Case and a "Small pool" from MCW. I feel your pain through this whole process - really hoping this cycle works out.

Hey guys and gals,

Just want to wish you all good luck this cycle. I'm a Canadian who did my undergrad in the States to play NCAA baseball. Applied last year and had a few American interviews (Wayne, Loma Linda) but got only a rejection and a waitlist that never worked out. Got my AMCAS in early this year and all my secondaries done in August. So far all I've got for news is a rejection from Case and a "Small pool" from MCW. I feel your pain through this whole process - really hoping this cycle works out.

Thanks! Best of Luck to you also :-).

Honestly, I have only 2 schools that are holding me back from being complete everywhere: NYMC and VCU. You all know my VCU story...damn LOR. and now that i finally have the letter, its arrived at AMCAS, VCU still hasn't downloaded it and marked me complete eventhough its been over a week! Goddamn schools.

NYMC is just takin its sweet time...and the administrative staff are A$$holes. Really mean and condescending, dont' call there if you can avoid it.

And is anyone else REALLY annoyed with the fact that Mac is still insisting on us answering the essay questions AND they've changed them from last year??!! I can't even recycle my answers. I'm all out of "life experience" answers. :(

I don't like the MAC questions either. I still havent fully begun OMSAS though, should probably get on to it soon

Also just got rejected from Tulane, and from Vanderbilt last week. I was pretty upset about the Vandy rejection, but it was a reach anyways :(

I was pretty upset about the Vandy rejection too. I interviewed at Vandy last year, and I somehow was able to log onto the 2011 secondary again which made me think I had good news in the mail...WHAT A TEASE!

Yay Finally complete at VCU! For those of you who have been pooled by VCU, how long approx did it take you guys to hear back? I think i remember the turnaround being pretty quick, however it is a little later in the cycle now.

Sorry about Vandy mlbn, but i'm 100% sure one of your other options will pan-out, plus plenty more to come I'm sure!

Archived