Premed 101 Forums

American Applications 2010 General Discussion

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question. Anyone think it's too early to send an update letter to U Michigan? Those interview offers are going quickly. Only 450 out of 750 left.

They're so stats heavy. I've been "under review" there since mid July. I don't think it's too early to send an update letter. If my manuscripts get published, I'm totally going to send updates for each of the two I have out right now (if that occurs!).

They're so stats heavy. I've been "under review" there since mid July. I don't think it's too early to send an update letter. If my manuscripts get published, I'm totally going to send updates for each of the two I have out right now (if that occurs!).

Yeah, I was checking on SDN, and the people that posted their stats that received interviews had 39 MCATs plus 3.9ish GPA's. HA, 39? If that's what those 350 interview offers have gone out to, then they'll probably move to my score in December (ugh). I'm totally writing that update today...ish. Good luck Law. I hope both of us get an interview.

Yeah, I was checking on SDN, and the people that posted their stats that received interviews had 39 MCATs plus 3.9ish GPA's. HA, 39? If that's what those 350 interview offers have gone out to, then they'll probably move to my score in December (ugh). I'm totally writing that update today...ish. Good luck Law. I hope both of us get an interview.

I know, and they were inviting a lot of those 3.9ish gpas/39 mcats to apply then giving auto-interviews! let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for something though!

Couple of questions:

1. Anybody know of some good sources to learn more about US health care reform?

2. Anybody know of any schools with easy to do secondaries? I need to add more schools to my list that I'm more likely to get into!

Have you included SLU on your list? They are very friendly to Canadian applicants and the secondary is pretty easy. From what I recall its just an optional essay. I didn't even do the essay and still got an interview there.

Have you included SLU on your list? They are very friendly to Canadian applicants and the secondary is pretty easy. From what I recall its just an optional essay. I didn't even do the essay and still got an interview there.

Oh really? I'll check them out, thanks for the tip! :)

Edit: Just added them to my list!

Can we submit the secondary for universities without the primary AMCAS being verified and while we still are waiting for our MCAT scores?

For some schools, yes. Those schools will have the secondary available on the website. I think it should work...

Couple of questions:

When I was prepping for my interview last cycle, I was using wikipedia, which I found pretty good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_reform_in_the_United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_health_care_systems_in_Canada_and_the_United_States

Plus I went over the references in wikipedia

Couple of questions:

This prob won't help a lot right now, but I love this website for understanding all things USA- it's a fairly left-wing newspaper's blog, but I find I read it pretty much daily for news, fun stuff, all that.

http://slog.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/?hp

It will reference quite a number of newspaper articles, opinion pieces, politics stuff, etc.

You can also go to foxnews.com

;)

Congrats!

I just received Minny's secondary...been a while since our last contact. Guess I was wrong about doing my last US secondary :).

Ooo nice. Gluck. :D

I have been having the most stressful day in the lab today. I'm going insane. Two papers whose deadlines for resubmission are coming up at the same time. Finally finished dealing with the first one, now I have two weeks to deal with the second... So much for submitting VCU and Wayne and GWU over the weekend... I have to finish Wayne tonight and send it off. Then I will try to do the rest as time permits. AH!

My email account is acting crazy. I'm not getting emails from schools! I've had to call a few schools either asking for my secondary or payment confirmation, etc. and the schools inform me they emailed it ages ago but I never got it. Case in point, UConn emailed me their secondary the day I was verified (july 13th) and I never got it. I called A MONTH LATER asking for it and they said I should have gotten it ages ago. FML. Now I feel like schools must be emailing me status updates and I'm not getting them! Slowly going insane....

My email account is acting crazy. I'm not getting emails from schools! I've had to call a few schools either asking for my secondary or payment confirmation, etc. and the schools inform me they emailed it ages ago but I never got it. Case in point, UConn emailed me their secondary the day I was verified (july 13th) and I never got it. I called A MONTH LATER asking for it and they said I should have gotten it ages ago. FML. Now I feel like schools must be emailing me status updates and I'm not getting them! Slowly going insane....

Update your email on amcas. Use gmail. Hotmail. Yahoo. Anything reliable! Contact each school to double check too!

Thanks Law, I've made a new gmail account and updated my AMCAS and recertify/submitted it. Do I need to contact individual schools to ensure they have my updated email address? Or will it automatically update for each school since I updated AMCAS? I tried to find the answer to this question on the website but its not there...

Thanks Law, I've made a new gmail account and updated my AMCAS and recertify/submitted it. Do I need to contact individual schools to ensure they have my updated email address? Or will it automatically update for each school since I updated AMCAS? I tried to find the answer to this question on the website but its not there...

Good question. To be safe, I would probably contact the schools... Try to call AMCAS to check. The safest thing would probably be to contact each individual school, maybe by e-mail and ask them to reply back so you can make sure you get messages that are being sent. Maybe that way you can also check with them to see if they have sent you anything that you have missed.

Holy ****. I just got an email from the director of admissions at UCSD. He said they are "interested" in my application and before they can make a decision whether to interview me, would like a copy of my permanent resident card.

I am praying to god this means an interview. UCSD is practically my top choice. AHHH!!!

Archived