Premed 101 Forums

My First Year at York University

Sorry man, but you gotta amp it up.

Out of the courses you took:

-Microecon is an easy A+

-Intro psych is an easy A+

-First year chem is pretty easy at York (an easy A, a little tougher getting an A+ I must admit), no need to go to the stupid chem society for their "package", what they give you and the textbook is suffice

All from personal experience, as well as experience from close friends. You have to study more efficiently.

Heyy, can i ask what prof you took chem with?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost done my first year at York. Curse that bio and psych, i thought it would be easy M/C, but im getting 3.8 in both of those courses. i was sure it would be a 4... god dammit.

Biol1010 is a bird course but psych is hard! I always ended up with low to mid 80's in those exams... took a third year psych course thinking it would be diff but still ended up with the same mark... i just don't understand why ppl say psych is easy?

How'd you find your first year? :P

The one way 1.5 hour commute destroyed me, almost 3 hours out of my day. This was all during the first semester. I realized this was going to be the end of me, so for semester 2, I changed things up a bit.

Nowadays, I go for my classes, and stay in library till about 11pm, then i get a ride and my commute cuts down to 2 hours! :P

Also, I get much more work done.

Course wise, psych should be easy, same thing as bio except more reading to do. Biol1010 has been low 80s for me, but the last test was almost perfect. I think I could've done much better with Biol1010 and math 1505.

My thoughts about first year now are 60% regrets...

The one way 1.5 hour commute destroyed me, almost 3 hours out of my day. This was all during the first semester. I realized this was going to be the end of me, so for semester 2, I changed things up a bit.

Nowadays, I go for my classes, and stay in library till about 11pm, then i get a ride and my commute cuts down to 2 hours! :P

Course wise, psych should be easy, same thing as bio except more reading to do. Biol1010 has been low 80s for me, but the last test was almost perfect. I think I could've done much better with Biol1010 and math 1505.

haha I agree that commute is complete crap :( luckily I'm on res :D, I also found out that it does not get easier second year :(

I don't go to York but I completely agree commuting sucks the energy right out of you lol.

intro psych is easy! I got a 4 in that course. Who's your prof though? also next year if you need easy A+ electives, check out personality, social psych, abnormal, motivation, and psych of women. all you have to do is attend lectures and skim the text.

taking bio right now as well, also sitting at a 3.8. its really boring! I've never studied more than 4 hours for an exam in that class, including the final lol. and not a fan of Kelly.

I hear Kelly and Noel are better than the Section C profs (gadsden/vicari) because they actually use those "Learning concepts" things and they test specifically from those questions. I'm in section c though so I don't know what A or B are like for sure

I'm almost done my first year at York. Curse that bio and psych, i thought it would be easy M/C, but im getting 3.8 in both of those courses. i was sure it would be a 4... god dammit.

thats what i thougght but now i am pretty sure I am not gonna end up with an A,

its irratating, cuz I swear i thought i would do way better on the last mid term, now ended with a low 60s -_-, and bio labs are probably low 80s or high 70s DAMN !

IT

intro psych is easy! I got a 4 in that course. Who's your prof though? also next year if you need easy A+ electives, check out personality, social psych, abnormal, motivation, and psych of women. all you have to do is attend lectures and skim the text.

taking bio right now as well, also sitting at a 3.8. its really boring! I've never studied more than 4 hours for an exam in that class, including the final lol. and not a fan of Kelly.

Bio isn't that boring lol, the profs are amazing. I did really well last test because at the end of the test, I went over it and second guessed about 10% of the test. as it turns out, that second guessing was right :P

Normally I'd only go over test if time permits, AND it's some sort of calculation test. Guess I'll have to start doing that for multiple choice too?

It's possible. To be honest I've never even looked at the LO's. I just memorize the lecture notes. I think people find Noel and Kelly to better though partly because they are young and female and semi-attractive...although Noel was pretty good.

Yep I'm in Section C with Gadsden and Vicari and I essentially write and rewrite the lectures notes and it is working pretty well so far! Just need a low-mid 80 on the final to get that A+

• 9 years later...
3 minutes ago, Eatrasm said:

But at the same time an 85-89 is also a 3.8 at york, while at most other schools that would be a 3.9.

yeah thats definitely correct but getting an 85+ could be difficult, based on my experience of course at western. It was relatively easy for me to hit 80s