Premed 101 Forums

Terrorists caught across Ottawa, London...one's a Doctor.

oto

Actually I personally took the time to respond to the quotations you made. I'm fluent in Arabic so it wasn't difficult at all. Some of you're quotes were mistranslated, some were isolated from the surrounding text, and the others either fabricated or given the wrong citation.

Either way, every one of your prior quotes that I found was well answered.

With regards to the one that you cherry picked, "Kuffaar" is not bound by the term {atheist.} Satan is considered a Kaffir, and he clearly doesn't fit the atheist category. In addition, I maintain that it remains a description of what happens in Hell.

Regardless, then you come back on and instead of apologizing for blindly copying and pasting somebody ELSE'S material without verifying it, you go and post more of it? Some of which was exactly the same as what I had ALREADY answered?

It's clear that you are only interested in playing the Copy-Paste game to insult a faith that you know very little about, in order to justify your own worldview. Ironically, I have previously encountered this exact behavior in an argument with a radical muslim - he didn't care much about the Quran, all he wanted was to justify his own views.

Start Rant

How many Muslim countries would you have invaded had you been president? How many innocent Muslims' blood would have been on your hands?

The difference between you and the Islamic radical, is that you will never have enough political power to achieve your goals in the United States, or even Canada. In the war torn, oil rich, post colonization Middle-East however, with foreign meddling - anything goes. Western nations destroyed their social structure and kept their civilization in chaos. Then we sponsored the likes of Osama Ben Laden because it benefited OUR interests-we didn't care about Afghan freedom, nor about Saudi Arabian society. We cared about setting up a proxy to fight Russia, and about placing weak Kings in Qatar, Kuwait, Iran (Shah) etc where we could force them to do with the Oil what WE command. We convinced nations to fight bloody wars while buying OUR weapons(Iraq-Iran), tricked US-dependent Tyrants to invade neighboring countries (Iraq-Kuwait) and freed the poor oil rich Kuwait while making her foot the bill. Then when our own monsters bit us in the ***, we cried "Oh, the Muslims hate us!" The funny part is that they don't, they admire us. The want to mimic our democratic ideas, quoting the Quran and saying that it's Islamic. They want to raise awareness about women's rights, quoting the Quran and saying that it's Islamic. You'd be surprised what amazing things they want to do while quoting the Quran and saying it's Islamic. I know, because I'm one of them. "What?? so in an Islamic state you'd want to KILL homosexuals??" - No I don't, in my ideal state, people are free to do what they wish in the private square, as long as it remains private and doesn't impact society, that I got from a valid hadith. "But you think women are sub-human??" - No I don't, as an example I'm told to value my mother's wishes/sacrifices THRICE as much as my father. "But you believe in Sharia law and want to cut off the hand of a theif?" No, sharia is a word for law in arabic and there are enough preconditions on severing of the hands which make it much more of a deterrent rather than a punishment. Go ahead, tell me what I believe.

Tell me that you or your true love pastor Terry Jones have studied the Quran and Hadith more than I have (you'd be quite arrogant & mistaken to make such a statement). I pride myself have a firm grasp of science, social justice, and philosophy. I don't believe that I'm ethically handicapped. "So you believe in MIRACLES??!" - No, not with your definition I don't, the Arabic analogue of your "miracle" is "Mu3jiza/unexplained phenomenon," and we're told that the only "Unexplained phenomenon" that will remain in our time is the Quran itself. One of us has a twisted understanding of Islam, I'm putting my money on you.

End Rant

I'm done here

+1 Agree with everything. No use trying to explain the verses or anything about the Quran to this fool. This scholar has spent a good part of his life committed to picking out half verses from the Quran which satisfy his agenda. Hes determined to potray Quran as the terrorist mentality..

I was appalled that virtually all our own publications were too cowardly to reprint the cartoons in support of that Danish paper and its right to freedom of speech

Agree with most of your opinions, but strongly disagree on this one.However, Fortunately the western media (on a rare occasion) were more respectful, had a different view for the moral grounds and ethical limits for the 'Right To Express Ones Opinion' and sensible enough to realize this as most definitely not an attack on freedom of speech (none of them in their living memory saw this scale of protests on any other thing published against Islam) and did not back the opportunity for notorious provoking elements to cash in the chaos and republish the blasphemy.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, most of your post if personal or is content that has been answered previously on this thread.

Anyway, here's some stuff you should read (but can't answer...because the quran is untenable).

medguy:

Aren't these quotes from the Quran?

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

Sura72:15 “The disbelievers are the firewood of hell.”

"Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush." (Sura 9:5)

2:216 “Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But God knoweth, and ye know not."

“I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them.” (Qur'an 8:12)

“Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are ruthless to the Unbelievers, but merciful to each other.” (Qur'an 48:29)

"But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads, Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron Whenever, in their anguish, they would go forth from thence they are driven back therein and (it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning."(22:19-22)

"And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah… (8:39)"

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty." (9:123)

And I wonder if these are ALL taken "out of context"...

Also, let's not forget that the "Prophet" Muhammad had sexual intercourse with a nine-year-old child.

mdDave: This is such a typical and lame defense of Islam (or other religions for that matter). "You need the context" or "You need to read it in arabic". Ok forget it, let's look at what actual muslims believe: 68% of AMERICAN muslims want to see the death penalty implemented for homosexuals. 2 out of 5 british muslims think jews are a legitimate target for them. 40% of them also want to see shariah law implemented in GB.

If I'm misinterpreting the Quran, than apparently so are a lot of muslims and in the end that's what matters. The religion is defined by it's believers, not it's holy books IMO. Sure there are violent verses in the Bible or the Talmud that could promote terrorism or violence but you know what? IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

BTW sfinch in the future please don't try to compare those who oppose radical islam to nazis. It's weak. Besides, It's me who's opposed to the ideology which believers elected Ahmedinejad who want's to see another holocaust happen as he said himself.

Why do you keep emphasizing the fact that the Canadian population of muslims are not all terrorists that want to blow up everybody around them.

We know this and accept it.

Look at the whole picture. The quran will make any person who follows it slowly but surely opposed to homos and jews and intolerant to other religions. OF COURSE this doesn't mean they'll ALL want to behead every homo they see, but some will (islamic countries) and some will just dislike them a bit (some western muslims)

The problem is the theology is rooted in causing this intolerance. This intolerance ranges from disliking jews to not treating them equally to opposing building of synagogues (dearborn michigan) to violently opposing peace-parades by jews (USA/Europehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19qRD3MDpk8) to actually physically assaulting them (EUROPE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...te-crimes.html) to wanting to blow them up (islamic countries)!

Now this whole spectrum is rooted in the Quran. The verses of the quran.. they're a problem.

Argue all you want, but it's there for everybody to see. Every canadian, american and european is beginning to know the problem with the quran. We've seen plenty of evidence from over the past few years covering almost every corner of the world and ranging from the smallest to the biggest incidents.

Qur'an (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

There is a good case to be made that the textual context of this particular passage is defensive war, even if the historical context was not. However, there are also two worrisome pieces to this verse. The first is that the killing of others is authorized in the event of "persecution" (a qualification that is ambiguous at best). The second is that fighting may persist until "religion is for Allah." The example set by Muhammad is not reassuring.

Qur'an (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-"

This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Qur'an, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is the Arabic word used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad and this is reflected in other translations of the verse).

Qur'an (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

"People of the Book" refers to Christians and Jews. This was one of the final "revelations" from Allah and it set in motion the tenacious military expansion, in which Muhammad's companions managed to conquer two-thirds of the Christian world in just the next 100 years.

Hmm, most of your post if personal or is content that has been answered previously on this thread.

Anyway, here's some stuff you should read (but can't answer...because the quran is untenable).

medguy:

Aren't these quotes from the Quran?

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

Sura72:15 “The disbelievers are the firewood of hell.”

"Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush." (Sura 9:5)

2:216 “Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But God knoweth, and ye know not."

“I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them.” (Qur'an 8:12)

“Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are ruthless to the Unbelievers, but merciful to each other.” (Qur'an 48:29)

"But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads, Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron Whenever, in their anguish, they would go forth from thence they are driven back therein and (it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning."(22:19-22)

"And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah… (8:39)"

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty." (9:123)

And I wonder if these are ALL taken "out of context"...

Also, let's not forget that the "Prophet" Muhammad had sexual intercourse with a nine-year-old child.

mdDave: This is such a typical and lame defense of Islam (or other religions for that matter). "You need the context" or "You need to read it in arabic". Ok forget it, let's look at what actual muslims believe: 68% of AMERICAN muslims want to see the death penalty implemented for homosexuals. 2 out of 5 british muslims think jews are a legitimate target for them. 40% of them also want to see shariah law implemented in GB.

If I'm misinterpreting the Quran, than apparently so are a lot of muslims and in the end that's what matters. The religion is defined by it's believers, not it's holy books IMO. Sure there are violent verses in the Bible or the Talmud that could promote terrorism or violence but you know what? IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

BTW sfinch in the future please don't try to compare those who oppose radical islam to nazis. It's weak. Besides, It's me who's opposed to the ideology which believers elected Ahmedinejad who want's to see another holocaust happen as he said himself.

Why do you keep emphasizing the fact that the Canadian population of muslims are not all terrorists that want to blow up everybody around them.

We know this and accept it.

Look at the whole picture. The quran will make any person who follows it slowly but surely opposed to homos and jews and intolerant to other religions. OF COURSE this doesn't mean they'll ALL want to behead every homo they see, but some will (islamic countries) and some will just dislike them a bit (some western muslims)

The problem is the theology is rooted in causing this intolerance. This intolerance ranges from disliking jews to not treating them equally to opposing building of synagogues (dearborn michigan) to violently opposing peace-parades by jews (USA/Europehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19qRD3MDpk8) to actually physically assaulting them (EUROPE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...te-crimes.html) to wanting to blow them up (islamic countries)!

Now this whole spectrum is rooted in the Quran. The verses of the quran.. they're a problem.

Argue all you want, but it's there for everybody to see. Every canadian, american and european is beginning to know the problem with the quran. We've seen plenty of evidence from over the past few years covering almost every corner of the world and ranging from the smallest to the biggest incidents.

Qur'an (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

There is a good case to be made that the textual context of this particular passage is defensive war, even if the historical context was not. However, there are also two worrisome pieces to this verse. The first is that the killing of others is authorized in the event of "persecution" (a qualification that is ambiguous at best). The second is that fighting may persist until "religion is for Allah." The example set by Muhammad is not reassuring.

Qur'an (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-"

This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Qur'an, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is the Arabic word used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad and this is reflected in other translations of the verse).

Qur'an (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

"People of the Book" refers to Christians and Jews. This was one of the final "revelations" from Allah and it set in motion the tenacious military expansion, in which Muhammad's companions managed to conquer two-thirds of the Christian world in just the next 100 years.

Most of your hate preach has been published, re-published, rere-published on every scale over the last 1400 years, or did you care to contribute some to that mess.

International outrage continues as Presidents of Indonesia and Pakistan appeal to Obama to not allow the Koran burning to proceed.

It is offensive to thousands of Moslems throiughout the world. And in Afghanistan, it is jeopardizing a secure environment to the men and women soldiers fighting to protect Moslem. The Taliban can use this for further violence and misinformation, is helpful to them in the ongoing fight for hearts and minds.

Claiming this will be only one man’s reprehensible action and that this does not represent the views of the Coalition forces will not cut it.

Obama claims this would be a recruitment bonanza for Alkieda, a destructive act that could result in suicide bombing on our front door.

International outrage continues as Presidents of Indonesia and Pakistan appeal to Obama to not allow the Koran burning to proceed.

Two countries that don't have real freedom of speech/freedom of expression asking the President of a country that has both to overthrow its constitution because of some little piss ant church and minister. No thanks. One irony, among many, is that the President of Pakistan didn't stop the burning of american flags at a protest against the possible burning of Korans.

Is Rev. Jones a moron? Yes.

Is he being offensive? Yes.

Should he be condemned and criticized? Yes.

Should his freedom of speech/expression be violated by the government? No.

Hopefully he doesn't do it, but the government should not intervene as the government was correct to not intervene with the "ground zero mosque." And I have little doubt that Jones, Beck, Limbaugh, Robertson and all the other crazies are just praying for Obama to intervene and then they can scream that Obama interfered with the one, but not the other.

It is offensive to thousands of Moslems throiughout the world.

There is no right to "not be offended." Nor should there be. Author Philip Pullman said it far better than I can

And in Afghanistan, it is jeopardizing a secure environment to the men and women soldiers fighting to protect Moslem. The Taliban can use this for further violence and misinformation, is helpful to them in the ongoing fight for hearts and minds.

US military oath when enlisting:

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Claiming this will be only one man’s reprehensible action and that this does not represent the views of the Coalition forces will not cut it.

Obama claims this would be a recruitment bonanza for Alkieda, a destructive act that could result in suicide bombing on our front door.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775.

He is going to feed the radicals and extemists in the Moslem world. It will start with international demonstrations against the USA and continue with killings. He must be proud to exercise his rights under the US Constitution as he holds the US President and the world hostage in anticipation of the Koran burning being burned into the psyche of 1 billion Moslems throughout the world.

Are you telling me afghans are mentally challenged?

Because that's the only reason they'd kill soldiers helping their country get rid of a fascist guerrilla group (taliban) and are soldiers that have no relation or agreement to some random pastor in florida holding a useless, but technically legal and non-violent, demonstration.

I doubt anything serious will happen because of some dude burning paper in florida.

Pretty sure stuff like this "US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies'" does way more damage than burning books. That along with the numerous charges laid against private security firms (Blackwater/Xe for one) , Red Cross allegations of state-sanctioned torture... at least this book burning is legal by Geneva standards and harmless.

Also the worst atrocities happen when governments silence the expression of those who disagree with them. Haven fun getting a Professor of Constitutional Law to intervene, stupid and ill-advised as these book burners may be.

tiananmen-square-protesto-001.jpg

Are you telling me afghans are mentally challenged?

Because that's the only reason they'd kill soldiers helping their country get rid of a fascist guerrilla group (taliban) and are soldiers that have no relation or agreement to some random pastor in florida holding a useless, but technically legal and non-violent, demonstration.

I doubt anything serious will happen because of some dude burning paper in florida.

Afghans are uneducated people living in the third world with religion often their only savior. This is true among many poor people in the world - to them the word of God is everything - partially because they have nothing else.

In India, it doesn't take much for mobs of hindus to end up killing moslems, sikhs, christians and even people that look like them (some innocent parsis with moslim sounding names were killed in the Gujarat riots) - because those mobs/masses were primarily poor people that identified strongly with their religion and respect for it.

In Europe, not long ago when we are talking thousands of years, insult to the church led to people being hanged or stripped of their titles or being deported.

Simple poor people are easy to arouse to crazy anger. The Afghans, due to lack of education, do not have the sensibilities we take for granted in N America. So yes, we can expect the Afghans to riot like crazy. Mass riots among wealthier moslems around the world is much less likely however.

The Book burning is stupid and pathetic. But it's a fringe group doing it - so I don't care at all. Who cares. If the US govenment started burning korans, it would be a different matter.

The world will be very lucky if it were to stop at just riots. Riots will be but a beginning of much worse to come.

I think some people believe that all moslems will go insanely nuts. Even the worse riot violence has led to police killing locals in a few countries...in a world of 6.5 billion, at most a 100 deaths.

Heck, in Israel, extremist jews routinely burn korans and put pig heads at mosques - the world has not come to an end because of it.

Extremists of all persuasion have a propensity for violence. There are enough extemist Moslems to create serious trouble, notwithstanding that the vast majority of Moslems are good, peace loving people.

All extremists are nuts and they are able to create hvoc out of proportion to their numbers. Look at this Gainesville pastor with a flock of at most 50, he is holding the entire world hostage at the moment and loving it.

It's about the irreversible harm to be done (including endangering lives at home and abroad) vs any conceivable, imaginary benefit from this madness

First, President Obama condemned the burning and urged Rev. Jones to call it off. That is the extent of the actions that the President can and should take, otherwise he violates his oath of office and throws the constitution out the window.

Second, the Government has no damn business in deciding what speech and expression of a citizen is acceptable based on perceived benefit or harm.

Egale was correct when they refused to support, and in fact opposed, the prosecution of Boisson for the hate he expressed against gays in a Red Deer newspaper. They disagreed completely with what he said, but they defended his right to freedom to expression. Gays and Lesbians have of course been on the receiving end of government prosecution denying their rights and freedom of expression and Egale recognizes that the government should not possess the power to limit those freedoms.

Third, reread the quote by Franklin. If you think that infringing on the rights of anyone to do anything that offends radical muslims (or christians, or whoever) will pacify extremism instead of emboldening it then you are in a dream world. The US could pacify the demands of extremist muslims, christians, mormons etc if they declared the US to be a (insert religion here) country, ruled by (biblical, sharia, mormon) religious law, and subjugated women to second class citizens without their currents rights, but that would only infuriate any person with a brain - not to mention infuriate the other religions who had not been chosen.

We have been through this before with Rushdie when many people were willing to kill the author of work of fiction which they had not read. Many western intellectuals condemned the author instead of those who were killing people which frankly I considered offensive to the muslims I know as it implies that Muslims don`t have the compacity to react to a (perceived) insult in a mature manner. We have been through this before with the Danish cartoons as well. I have a fundamentalist christian aunt who is offended by everything. So what. She may think that her religious views deserve special privledges because she really, really, really believes that her views are the word of god, but almost nobody else could care less. That makes her really mad and she relishes the belief that we will all burn in hell, but it still doesn`t make a speck of difference to the laws of this country and the rights that people possess. Society should no more bow to her extremism than it should to any other extremism. If some people feel that they have no choice but to kill other people if they are offended in some way then it is they who need to change their views.

Who is Pastor Terry Jones? He built up a church in Germany and left a couple of years ago in disgrace. His personality was too big, his ego, and was asked to change his style of leadership, he refused and they parted company. There were questions about the financial dealings of the church.

Potentially, he can be charged with a violation of the city fire code and there can be a possible injunction. He can be charged with disorderly conduct

If it is determined that there is a clear and present danger to US troops, that his intended conduct will result in danger to US troops abroad, this could result in his arrest – if the federal authorities decide to so act.

These are all discussion points currently on CNN.

Look at this Gainesville pastor with a flock of at most 50, he is holding the entire world hostage at the moment and loving it.

The only reason that a worthless, nothing, stupid hick like Rev. Jones could hold the whole world hostage is if the rest of the world is stupid enough to be held hostage by him. Offensive things occur all the time, they amount to nothing because they are ignored. The Danish cartoons should have amounted to nothing - infact there was barely a peep about them for 6 months after they published during which time they went from being unnoticed and obscure to being completely forgotten about except for by a few religious leaders. Where they should have stayed.

Who is Pastor Terry Jones? He built up a church in Germany and left a couple of years ago in disgrace. His personality was too big, his ego, and was asked to change his style of leadership, he refused and they parted company. There were questions about the financial dealings of the church.

Potentially, he can be charged with a violation of the city fire code and there can be a possible injunction. He can be charged with disorderly conduct

If it is determined that there is a clear and present danger to US troops, that his intended conduct will result in danger to US troops abroad, this could result in his arrest – if the federal authorities decide to so act.

These are all discussion points currently on CNN.

oh no way, somebody still watches CNN.

He can't be arrested as that would violate the constitution.

/end topic

Well, it is now out of hand before the fact and is only going to get worse. There appears to be no reasonable outcome. I hope I am proven wrong.

A reasonable outcome would be a group of offended people saying that we will respond to this (or any other) insult by a strongly worded letter to the media voicing their displeasure. You obviously don`t feel that muslims are capable of such a response without violence - I do. Maybe not this time, but hopefully soon.

Again, to reiterate, US soldiers are being charged with hunting civilians for sport. The US government has all but admitted to torture. US private security firms have faced multiple criminal convictions for heinous crimes against innocent civilians. The guy and his 50 crazies burning books is NOT going to hold the world hostage nor will it sway anyones opinion of the US.

"Oh you mean that country that hunted down my non-combatant family members and chopped off their fingers for souvenirs? I'm really on the fence when it comes to how I feel about them. What? Burning books? They're evil!"

Archived