Premed 101 Forums

Why Chinese mothers are superior

Mithril

i'm being theoretical here, and so are you. to simplify the rhetoric, basically, it comes down to the fact that i believe a middle aged, upper class fourth generation asian man who was highly culturally "westernized" and had the same education and skills as a white woman would face less prejudice, since he would have the same mindset and characteristics of the white middle aged, upper class caucasian man who would likely be hiring him and would be more likely to share the same attitudes, values, hobbies etc.

if this assessment upsets you, you could look something up and id be happy to change my mind.

And what are you basing this on in terms of there being more of a glass ceiling for women versus cultural/ethnic upbringing? Just personal feelings? Yeah I haven't looked up any studies yet (and don't really have time to), but feel free to share actual evidence because based on how I feel, I don't see that being the case. Of course, there's successful Asians and women who make it to those positions, but it's the relative amount of women or Asians. The vast majority are still middle aged upper class Caucasian men.

i'm being theoretical here, and so are you. to simplify the rhetoric, basically, it comes down to the fact that i believe a middle aged, upper class fourth generation asian man who was highly culturally "westernized" and had the same education and skills as a white woman would face less prejudice, since he would have the same mindset and characteristics of the white middle aged, upper class caucasian man who would likely be hiring him and would be more likely to share the same attitudes, values, hobbies etc.

if this assessment upsets you, you could look something up and id be happy to change my mind.

Lol I actually do disagree with that assessment, because I think a white woman would fare better, but I don't have any studies either so I guess we can just agree that we disagree unless someone has more studies to prove otherwise.

Archived