Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box for people with no e-mails yet

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The number of applicants was around 2950 this year. Take away about 1100 and you're left with 1850. They have 259 spots for this years class and they don't have strict interview numbers but we can safely assume they would at least want to interview 2 people for every one spot they have in the class: So about 520 interviews. So there should be about 1330 rejections coming out to competitive applicants. That still sucks.

Assuming 554 interviews, the number should probably be around 1296.

LET'S assume it's 554 and 1296. That's 14 extra lucky people, and it makes our odds go from 28.8% (from 534 interviews) to 29.95%.

Stupid UofT and UOttawa. Worrying about you is detracting my attention away from my paper on Jane Eyre due tomorrow. Oh Jane, you had it so easy...

Via Twitter:

"More interview invites will come as we progress through the files. There is no set schedule for sending these emails"

"OK. Leslie is back, on the mend, and abt to start interview invitations. She will be sending throughout the rest of the day"

So 1100 rejections were sent on Friday - does anyone know how many invites are supposed to be sent for this batch?

Logic would state that they'd send out about a third of the ~500 they interview. But it's not certain that this would be the case.

I'd bet they'd send out like 70 today.

Archived