Premed 101 Forums

Bad last name

ravenchaser

One day in the hospital where I volunteer I came across meeting a surgeon's last name called Slaughter. I thought for a moment and asked him did he ever get teased in med school. He said "hell yea all the time". LOL

I have worked with the two Internist Slaughters. I live in mortal terror of Slaughter père, although for some reason he seems to like me. I suspect that he mistakenly believes that I'm staff and not a scum-of-the-earth resident, and I am in no hurry to disabuse him of that notion.

Slaughter fils was my senior during my first ever clerkship rotation and is now staff at the large hospital where I'm currently working. He's one of the few staff that I have the temerity to call by his first name, only because we worked together in the past.

Both Drs. Slaughter are absolutely brilliant. If I, or somebody I loved, fell ill I would want them as the most responsible physician(s). And now you're telling me there's a *surgeon* in the family? Glory be...

I have also worked with a Dr. Doctor. Mine is a neonatologist -- what is yours?

As for amusing names, I know of two "Dr Suess"s. My own name isn't much to look at on the printed page, but is amusing when spoken aloud. Patients comment on it at least once a week -- once a day on paeds.

I have worked with the two Internist Slaughters. I live in mortal terror of Slaughter père, although for some reason he seems to like me. I suspect that he mistakenly believes that I'm staff and not a scum-of-the-earth resident, and I am in no hurry to disabuse him of that notion.

Slaughter fils was my senior during my first ever clerkship rotation and is now staff at the large hospital where I'm currently working. He's one of the few staff that I have the temerity to call by his first name, only because we worked together in the past.

Both Drs. Slaughter are absolutely brilliant. If I, or somebody I loved, fell ill I would want them as the most responsible physician(s). And now you're telling me there's a *surgeon* in the family? Glory be...

If it's the Slaughter I'm thinking about, he was a moderator on the forums for several years. I actually met him briefly one night. There really can't be that many internist Slaughters running around. :)

Ian

Archived