Premed 101 Forums

Announcement on Queen's website

Keep in mind there is a MASSIVE waitlist at Queens. There have been 2 years where over a 100 people declined their offer. And with all the crap they've pulled off this year I'm sure some students will multiple acceptances will be less inclined to go there (more so than usual).

Haha, works for me... even with all this frustration, if I get into Queen's off the the waitlist, I'll be ok ;) I genuinely liked the place

I think what Queen's ought to do now, seeing as they probably do check pm101 (they should especially this year), is to slowly start putting the link on everybode's page, to make it seem like it has nothing to with acceptance and that the only reason only a few people got it was some technical manual uploading thing (not that I believe this myself, it's a computer program.. It's not like everyone's info is added manually). It would just make things look better on their end... you know, instead if another ambiguous email confirming that no offers have been made ;)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mail came today (late): it says View Status / Accept or Decline

Didn't know about the deposit.

YAY.

You got IN!!!! lol

Seriously though, where does Queens rank on your list of schools to go to in Ontario. Is McMaster still the last one in Ontario or has Queens swapped places with Mac?

LOL, and above comment(s). Queen's is still an extremely attractive school (maybe th emost attractive IMO). Just because they're updating their software and its messing up isn't going to change peoples decision for where they go to med school .... lol

you dont really know that... :confused:

LOL all I have to say to that is someone with that little sense isn't going to get into med school, here or in the caribbean.

Thats a bit strong don't you think.. Not everyone is in a "beggars can't be choosers type situation" (i myself am, but devil's advocate is a fun role)

If you got multiple offers for acceptances and you really didn't know which school to pick to the point where it came down to flipping a coin. Instead of flipping that coin would you choose the school that was hassle free throughout the application process or the school that first rejected you, then interviewed you, then put up a deposit, then took it away, then sent you an ambiguous email, and on top of it all THEN went ahead and selectively changed part of their decision page?

I understand where you're coming from by saying little glitches like these are not a big deal because at the end of the day, they're not. Stuff happens, and people deal with it. However, saying someone that someone who would base their decision on something like that and then saying that they wouldn't "get in here or the Caribbean is a bit narrow minded dont you think?

:rolleyes: You're gonna have to deal with stuff that makes faaaaaaar less sense than choosing your med school based on glitches once you become a physician... I really hope you don't plan on belittling your patient's views when they don't comply with your own.

/endrant :D

Thats a bit strong don't you think.. Not everyone is in a "beggars can't be choosers type situation" (i myself am, but devil's advocate is a fun role)

If you got multiple offers for acceptances and you really didn't know which school to pick to the point where it came down to flipping a coin. Instead of flipping that coin would you choose the school that was hassle free throughout the application process or the school that first rejected you, then interviewed you, then put up a deposit, then took it away, then sent you an ambiguous email, and on top of it all THEN went ahead and selectively changed part of their decision page?

I understand where you're coming from by saying little glitches like these are not a big deal because at the end of the day, they're not. Stuff happens, and people deal with it. However, saying someone that someone who would base their decision on something like that and then saying that they wouldn't "get in here or the Caribbean is a bit narrow minded dont you think?

:rolleyes: You're gonna have to deal with stuff that makes faaaaaaar less sense than choosing your med school based on glitches once you become a physician... I really hope you don't plan on belittling your patient's views when they don't comply with your own.

/endrant :D

^ +1

10char

Mine says I was rejected on SOLUS where your guys showed "accept/decline". Still hope for next year, right? Well this is lame. I guess they screwed up and the computers showed it early, someone should make a poll thread and we can see how many people its accurate for come the official releases. I guess I will be teaching Kaplan this summer. Sigh. Sadface.

Mine says I was rejected on SOLUS where your guys showed "accept/decline". Still hope for next year, right? Well this is lame. I guess they screwed up and the computers showed it early, someone should make a poll thread and we can see how many people its accurate for come the official releases. I guess I will be teaching Kaplan this summer. Sigh. Sadface.
lol.

At least you acknowledged what you were doing in your previous post.

• 11 months later...

so I dug this up... I looked through a few users' histories and I haven't found one instance that goes against the prediction that deposit=acceptance... did you all get down to the bottom of this?

edit: i perused the extra link thread too. haven't found one exception yet.. out of close to 10 users I think. any mythbusters out there?

As interesting as this is, there is no way I am looking at SOLUS before the 15th. If you are rejected it's only like a half rejection and you will continue wondering 'til the 15th if it is true. Don't need that torture. Still, it will be interesting to see if the same thing happens this year.

Archived